Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
xeno

Acrylic Ultimaker

Well I thought it would be a great to make the Ultimaker with Acrylic parts,

I does look great, but there are some major drawbacks, like cracking parts, not fitting, and so on :roll:

I think the Version2 drawings were used, and I don't really know what consequences this will have for the build itself,

I think the wooden parts are made so you can force certain parts into each other, that is something that acrylic doesn't like,

and some parts just had a little more room to move, like the bearings for the rods, and the rods have play inside the housing.

making parts fit was more annoying then troublesome, and I got most it all together after 2 days

it will look great with some leds, but it does take longer to build 8-)

9397415.jpeg

I think the biggest problem with acrylic was that is easily cracks right?

But it looks bad-ass! Job wel done! Except... the bed is clear normally, and yours is white :p