Change Color Of Preview Color Scheme

c_schroeder

Posted · Change Color Of Preview Color Scheme

Hello Community

I think I have a quite simple question but unfortunately no answer.

Is it possibel in CURA 4.0 to modify the color in the mode "Preview" => "Line type" => "Color Scheme"?

Currently the Top/Bottom-Layer is represented in a kind of light yellow. The infill is represented in let me say

a kind of less light yellow color. As we are all aware about the fact that millions of colors are available I do not

understand why this extremly similar colors have been choosen for representation by CURA.

E.g. why not follow the PRUSA Slicer approach?

I really looking forward for an answer.

Kind regards,

Carsten Schröder

Horneburg/Germany

Cura Approach:

ulti_color.thumb.jpeg.3dff0a812a8aadb16b77ce7d02d775ac.jpeg

PRUSA Slicer Approach:

prusa_color.thumb.jpeg.8b3aef5a02f0800329c2931c30d91681.jpeg

• Like 5

Basically because "that's how it was always done". I think we're still using the colors that were picked by Daid at some point when he was still the only contributor to Cura (and it wasn't even part of Ultimaker yet).

Could you make a feature request for this on github? That makes it a whole lot easier to keep track of for us.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
Posted (edited) · Change Color Of Preview Color Scheme

In the preview section, you'll note the bar at the top center of the screen that reads "Color Scheme : Material Color", click that and a sub window appears with a drop down box. Use the drop down box to select "Line Type".

That will color the sliced model based on the various actions during the print. You can also change the color coding once you're in that setting. 

Enjoy !

Cura Screenshot 2020-10-23 083717.png

Edited by Longtoke
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 10/22/2020 at 8:28 PM, Longtoke said:

In the preview section, you'll note the bar at the top center of the screen that reads "Color Scheme : Material Color", click that and a sub window appears with a drop down box. Use the drop down box to select "Line Type".

That will color the sliced model based on the various actions during the print. You can also change the color coding once you're in that setting. 

Enjoy !

Cura Screenshot 2020-10-23 083717.png

Did you try this yourself?  I don't think  you can change the color this way.

The only way I've found to change the color is to go to settings and configure cura.  Create or duplicate a material and then on your new custom material, you'll be able to click the box that shows the color for the material, and pick a new color

• 6 months later...

Hello guys,

I am using Flashforge Creator 3 for dual extrution purposes, and in "Preview Menu", by using "Line Type" according to each material, I am able to spot different materials in each layer.

After updating Cura to 4.10 version, the option to change "Line Type" is gone. 

As you can see in the picture below, where the drop down menu for changing the type of line once was, now there is this "compatibility mode" description.

Any idea how can I reappear the drop-down menu?

Untitled.png