Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Pause at height script Buzzer, cura 4

Posted · Pause at height script Buzzer, cura 4

Hi all, relative newbie here.

Is there any way I can edit the pause at height script to include a custom action ie. sound the buzzer for user attention.

(I have already added a buzzer script for print finished, at end of Gcode, in  the printer setup, but can not find where to add it for user intervention in the scripts).

Thanks

Bob

• 3 weeks later...
    Posted · Pause at height script Buzzer, cura 4
    On 3/26/2019 at 4:22 PM, Bob19 said:

Hi all, relative newbie here.

Is there any way I can edit the pause at height script to include a custom action ie. sound the buzzer for user attention.

(I have already added a buzzer script for print finished, at end of Gcode, in  the printer setup, but can not find where to add it for user intervention in the scripts).

Thanks

Bob

OK - NO comments / replies. :))

After a bit of scratching around I found where the Pause_at_height plugin was. Copied it and added a line to the Python script to write the Buzzer instruction to the Gcode output. Found the folder for user plugins / scripts and saved it renamed as Buzzer_Pause_at_height.

Quite why this was not implemented in Cura4 by default I have no idea. It is pretty easy to add the option to buzz, (or not), to alert the operator with a true / false input. And is much easier than having to be waiting at the printer for it to stop.