Jump to content
Sassw

Cura 4 forgets networked printer + cloud connect features dont work

Recommended Posts

Posted · Cura 4 forgets networked printer + cloud connect features dont work

Can anyone shed some light on why cura constantly forgets the IP of a wired networked S5? I have to manually add it every time I start cura in order for it to network and pull the current printer config.

 

Also the cloud cura connect features do not work at all - no printers are ever found.

 

Can someone list what features are actually meant to work via cloud? The web interface on the printer locally and the ultimaker account online show little or no detail.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Cura 4 forgets networked printer + cloud connect features dont work

I have the same issue. I have it configured static, but have to go into settings, then connect, pick the printer, connect again, EVERY time. I've resorted to never close Cura for the convenience. 

 

I have no idea how the Cloud stuff is supposed to work either. Do you have to have Cura open on a "host" computer or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Cura 4 forgets networked printer + cloud connect features dont work

Same problem. Stable my ass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited) · Cura 4 forgets networked printer + cloud connect features dont work

Same problem. Every time after I get out of Cura and after that enter in Cura I must refresh! My printer is designated in the list of printers as Ultimaker(manual). What that means?

Edited by A_tas
Not full post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Cura 4 forgets networked printer + cloud connect features dont work

 

I see no one from ultimaker is looking at this, or at least acknowledge it... any one else see the new FW smash then drag the extrusion prime pile? Has it dragged that crap into your prints yet? And the B side acts different than the A side_ WTF?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Cura 4 forgets networked printer + cloud connect features dont work
On 4/5/2019 at 1:33 AM, A_tas said:

Same problem. Every time after I get out of Cura and after that enter in Cura I must refresh! My printer is designated in the list of printers as Ultimaker(manual). What that means?

if its manual, you set a specific IP in the settings of Cura. It means it should be more reliable to pick it up. I have mine added both ways, manually and automatic. neither pick up the printer. its the only one in my house, whats not working?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Cura 4 forgets networked printer + cloud connect features dont work
On 4/6/2019 at 6:24 PM, Rainbowdashboard said:

if its manual, you set a specific IP in the settings of Cura. It means it should be more reliable to pick it up. I have mine added both ways, manually and automatic. neither pick up the printer. its the only one in my house, whats not working?

But by previous versions of Cura and firmware I have not experienced such a problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Cura 4 forgets networked printer + cloud connect features dont work

Can we please get acknowledgement of this? It is extremely frustrating in shared environments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited) · Cura 4 forgets networked printer + cloud connect features dont work

I am running into this same problem of having to remove, add and then connect my group of 4 printers each time I launch Cura. This is not acceptable and still has not been addressed. I am going back to Cura 3 until it is fixed.

Edited by twlum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Cura 4 forgets networked printer + cloud connect features dont work

Cura 4.1 will have an improved cloud connection flow. Simply signing in in Cura and Cura Connect will make the printer appear in the 'add printer' list of discovered printers (no need anymore to be on the same local network for 'pairing').

 

We also silently (marketing starts with Cura 4.1 release) launched https://mycloud.ultimaker.com/app/devices, which shows your cloud-connected print clusters and their queue. You still need Cura (4.0 or higher) to add new jobs. But at least you can now see the status of your machines without having to open Cura. We'll be adding more functionality to this application over time. In Cura you're also able to see the status of the printers and queue. We'd love to hear your feedback!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Cura 4 forgets networked printer + cloud connect features dont work
On 5/19/2019 at 2:41 PM, ctbeke said:

Cura 4.1 will have an improved cloud connection flow. Simply signing in in Cura and Cura Connect will make the printer appear in the 'add printer' list of discovered printers (no need anymore to be on the same local network for 'pairing').

 

We also silently (marketing starts with Cura 4.1 release) launched https://mycloud.ultimaker.com/app/devices, which shows your cloud-connected print clusters and their queue. You still need Cura (4.0 or higher) to add new jobs. But at least you can now see the status of your machines without having to open Cura. We'll be adding more functionality to this application over time. In Cura you're also able to see the status of the printers and queue. We'd love to hear your feedback!

 

Ok.... but will it allow us to just connect our printers over the network and keep it there, as we could in Cura 3? Or am I going to be forced to work through the cloud to print on a printer one door down from me, on my own network?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Cura 4 forgets networked printer + cloud connect features dont work

After I installed the new version of Cura - 4.1 my printer is again visible. Thanks ! 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Cura 4 forgets networked printer + cloud connect features dont work

4.1 showed my printers immediately, no complaints. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Cura 4 forgets networked printer + cloud connect features dont work
15 hours ago, jallison94 said:

 

Ok.... but will it allow us to just connect our printers over the network and keep it there, as we could in Cura 3? Or am I going to be forced to work through the cloud to print on a printer one door down from me, on my own network?

 

It’ll still work ‘the old way’. We never make using the cloud mandatory for any task related to just slicing and printing.

 

Cloud is primarily a workflow enhancer and helps customers scale up their 3D printing operations. It also brings some security features like encryption during transport (which is hard in a local network due to SSL certificate issuing).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!