UM3 stuck on splash-screen after update 5.2.8

Brassn

Posted (edited) · UM3 stuck on splash-screen after update 5.2.8

Hello,

after some difficulties in getting my UM3 to update from the step stone firmware to the latest version 5.2.8 it finally worked and it happily confirmed the successful update. Menu was working fine, it only prompted that the last print failed, nothing extraordinary.

Sadly after the next power cycle it now always gets stuck at the Ultimaker Splash Screen with an green lit rotary button.

Out of precaution I had the developer mode turned on and fortunately it still logs on into the wifi connection and obtains an IP address.

If I try to login via SSH via ultimaker/ultimaker it prints out the attached error messages and terminates the connection.

What should I do now?

Thanks in advance.

SSH.log

Edited by Brassn

Posted · UM3 stuck on splash-screen after update 5.2.8

Afaik only the user "root" exists. Be aware that using the deloper mode is somehow a grey zone in terms of warranty. If you are still in warranty you might want to contact your reseller for getting the UM3 working again properly.

Posted (edited) · UM3 stuck on splash-screen after update 5.2.8

Thank you for your advice. Unfortunately the printer isn't covered in warranty any more.
    I would proceed in recovering the printer using the method described below, although I was hoping that more could be done over SSH.

I'll let some more time go by, maybe someone comes up with an idea or Ultimaker says something to this issue. All I did was upgrading the firmware and it already worked right after it, paired with the still working SSH connection this might present an interesting case to them as this should definitely not happen.

Edited by Brassn

Posted · UM3 stuck on splash-screen after update 5.2.8
    6 hours ago, Brassn said:

I was hoping that more could be done over SSH.

Well, if ssh works you can login as root and take a look at the system logs. Perhaps you find some more hints about what is going wrong.

The following command shows the log from the current boot operation:

journalctl -b 0