hailin

what is the best printing speed

Posted · what is the best printing speed

Hello,

I print an object size: 180.0 x 118.0 x 6.9mm, but it takes 7h15min, is too long. In the cura sofeware shows print speed 70mm/s,Travel Jerk: 50mm/s. How can I increase the speed to print an object?  which speed should I change? (infill speed, wall speed, outer wall speed or inner wall speed...........)

Thanks

It depends on the printer. I have an Ender 3 and I can adjust the feed rate after I start printing, which speed up everything by the same rate.

depends on the design and the quality of your printer, newbie printer (CS10S pro) but mine does fine at 100mm for easy prints (basic shapes and curves) but models I put it on 60mm and the details print fine

Depending on the model to be printed, the speed also varies. Another important factor is your personal perception of "beauty" and what is acceptable to you. Objects that you can't see and are used functionally don't need a nice surface, but others do.

Say goodbye to fast printing, I usually print between 20 and 60mm/sec and prefer more beautiful results. You can also save time with infill, the less the faster.