Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
dree

Heated bed for the Ultimaker 1

I hope you understand that we cannot give dates till we say "It's released! Order now!" I think you can go do this now pretty soon: http://i.imgur.com/QL4Vn.jpg

(It's as good as done, engineering on it is finished, BOM and so on has been made, it's pretty much finishing up manuals, documentation, getting stock, and marketing from now on. So I'm kinda out of the loop in when it will be ready-ready.)

I hope you understand that we cannot give dates till we say "It's released! Order now!" I think you can go do this now pretty soon: http://i.imgur.com/QL4Vn.jpg

(It's as good as done, engineering on it is finished, BOM and so on has been made, it's pretty much finishing up manuals, documentation, getting stock, and marketing from now on. So I'm kinda out of the loop in when it will be ready-ready.)

Psst.. Daid.. do you think we are allowed to tell, "it looks nice and works super?" :ph34r:

Psst.. Daid.. do you think we are allowed to tell, "it looks nice and works super?" :ph34r:

Not sure, just don't tell anyone this yet. We better keep things silent and let them be amazed when they see it for themselves.

Please be careful not to slip on the wet floor. i've been drooling all over the place for so long ;-)

In september i will have finished moving to the new place. Would be lovely to use the then-available time to upgrade th ultimaker :-)

I think the official one is going to be pretty expensive. Based on leaks here an there, if I had to guess, it is basically the UM2 platform retrofitted to the UM1. It seems that in addition to the complete replacement platform and heatered bed combo, you will also get a new stepper motor and I'm guessing the UM2 electronics plus the UM2 power supply. Given all that, my guess is the price will be around 500 euros...

I think the official one is going to be pretty expensive. Based on leaks here an there, if I had to guess, it is basically the UM2 platform retrofitted to the UM1. It seems that in addition to the complete replacement platform and heatered bed combo, you will also get a new stepper motor and I'm guessing the UM2 electronics plus the UM2 power supply. Given all that, my guess is the price will be around 500 euros...

Hm, I was hoping for same motor and electronics

Don't see the upgrade as a heated bed upgrade. See it as an upgrade that just happens to have a heated bed.

Quite a new concept for Ultimaker (compared to e.g. Feeder and Hotend upgrade kits). I hope it pays off... I would rather having expected such a package strategy for the UM2.

Don't tell anyone.... :???:.

But I hope I'm allowed to tell its worth waiting for another month...

No idea about the final pricing.

But its well engineered!!

2.5 to 3 hours building time. No special tools (wood-drill included :cool:), no soldering and resistors needed.

Install the (bugfree) firmware, and startprinting.

And old UM1 Z-stage problems are gone.

Oh 3dcase you are such a tease!!!!!!

In your profile -

Printer(s):UM orginal, Dual Ext, HBKit !!!!!

Are you under non-disclosure? Could you at least tell use that major components ?

Wood drill? Sounds like the Z rods need to be changed, relocated or swapped.

So it sounds like you are really paying for a new Z stage that has a heated bed so it might improve print quality or reduce leveling issues and almost as a side effect you get a heated bed....

In that case, I might pay the price!