dree

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Heated bed for the Ultimaker 1

Oh 3dcase you are such a tease!!!!!!

In your profile -

Printer(s):UM orginal, Dual Ext, HBKit !!!!!

Are you under non-disclosure? Could you at least tell use that major components ?

Wood drill? Sounds like the Z rods need to be changed, relocated or swapped.

So it sounds like you are really paying for a new Z stage that has a heated bed so it might improve print quality or reduce leveling issues and almost as a side effect you get a heated bed....

In that case, I might pay the price!

Haha, took a while for someone to notice that HBKit..... :-P

Did not sign any non-disclosure as far as I remember...

Just common sense to keep my mouth shut about the details I guess.

Would not mind to do some more beta testing.....

But euhmm.

main components...

most important; glass, a few clips to keep the it in place and a lot of aluminium.

But no Z-stage rods....

As said above it's worth the waiting ;)...

And old UM1 Z-stage problems are gone.

Which problems do you mean? :-) No more vibrations when the head takes a sharp turn causing "waves" on the surface? The need to re-level often? 3-point leveling instead of 4-point?

Which problems do you mean? :smile: No more vibrations when the head takes a sharp turn causing "waves" on the surface? The need to re-level often? 3-point leveling instead of 4-point?

no comment? :p

no comment? :p

That's why I asked 3dcase and not you. :p:p:p :wink:

Which problems do you mean? :smile: No more vibrations when the head takes a sharp turn causing "waves" on the surface? The need to re-level often? 3-point leveling instead of 4-point?

Big brother is watching...

No comment :p, other than the 3mm Z-pitch banding is gone.

(not only because of a different pitch) but a more sturdy platform and better guidance

Big brother is watching...

No comment :p, other than the 3mm Z-pitch banding is gone.

(not only because of a different pitch) but a more sturdy platform and better guidance

I wouldn't expect anything else... as the z thread and the motor axis are properly aligned due to the fact that they are one unit the z-pitch banding disappears. I managed this with the standard coupling after many trials (it is possible). But I still have the wooden platform (well, also a bit modified...).

A whole new build platform sounds great versus tweaking the original....cool

I don't dare to ask, and since the comments on this new feature are sparse.... So here's my question.... will this new feature also be available on UM2? As an upgrade? In that case I'd rather wait buying. NE comments?? :mrgreen:

I think the month waiting time is not an issue, but I hope the price will be acceptable. When an upgrade reaches a certain point (say 200, maybe 300 euros) the money is often better spent elsewhere in the workshop to greater result.

I do understand an extensive rebuild of part of the printer means a certain cost, but from a user perspective it is all about the gains versus that cost.

I think the official one is going to be pretty expensive. Based on leaks here an there, if I had to guess, it is basically the UM2 platform retrofitted to the UM1. It seems that in addition to the complete replacement platform and heatered bed combo, you will also get a new stepper motor and I'm guessing the UM2 electronics plus the UM2 power supply. Given all that, my guess is the price will be around 500 euros...

500 euros would be a bit ridiculous, as you could build a full printer for that money if you are willing to source your own parts. Maybe not an Ultimaker, but still, it could actually be a decent printer.

Well, we will see.

I don't dare to ask, and since the comments on this new feature are sparse.... So here's my question.... will this new feature also be available on UM2? As an upgrade? In that case I'd rather wait buying. NE comments?? :mrgreen:

Hi,

the feature will be new for the UM-original, for the UM2 its standard since the release.

So no need to wait buying a UM2 :)

I was wondering, is this going to remain an upgrade, or going to be a standard part of the Ultimaker kit?

I remember that it was mentioned that there would be a version of the UM1 with the kit AND the UM2 electronics...

Almost 4 weks later, any news to share? I guess I'm not the only one visiting this thread daily... :-)

Patience... ;) I guess you will have to wait for two more days...

*starts rocking back in forth mumbling "fixed z-stage" to self*

Oh forgot to put the question in sorry. Will the North America distributor have the kits on day 1?

Whoohooo! Big THX for the update! :-)

I have been told the upgrade is for electronics version 1.5.7. I am very curious what that means for owners of older electronics and whether any issues there, like a power connector that is not up to par, can be fixed by the user, even if that means soldering.

It would be sad if owners of older electronics would need to upgrade or miss the party.

Guess this makes it official ;)

https://www.facebook.com/Ultimaker/photos/a.214494961909577.65600.177985135560560/965638626795203/?type=1&theater

I have been told the upgrade is for electronics version 1.5.7. I am very curious what that means for owners of older electronics and whether any issues there, like a power connector that is not up to par, can be fixed by the user, even if that means soldering.

It would be sad if owners of older electronics would need to upgrade or miss the party.

I have not checked my electronics version yet, but my printer is from okt 2012.

Can tell you the kit is working excellent for 4 months now :-P

Cool stuffs!

Guess this makes it official ;)

https://www.facebook.com/Ultimaker/photos/a.214494961909577.65600.177985135560560/965638626795203/?type=1&theater

I have not checked my electronics version yet, but my printer is from okt 2012.

Can tell you the kit is working excellent for 4 months now :-P

This is one thing i love about ya'll, another company would put a CGI model on the bed to make it seem perfect...ya'll put a warped robot on the bed. but it looks from that image like 3 point leveling heated build platform, which is what was asked for XD.

just wondering... what was actually announced where? ultimaker original+ ?

just wondering... what was actually announced where? ultimaker original+ ?

https://www.ultimaker.com/blogs/news/2014/09/20/introducing-ultimaker-original-and-a-heated-bed-upgrade-kit