Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
bass-power

Can anyone help, head and hand models?

Hi,

They look excellent. Do you have any more heads to choose from? How stepped would the finished item be from your printer?

Also can the hands be posed like the image attached? At 1/3rd scale the head would be 84mm from under chin to top of head, if you could PM me with an idea of cost that would be great.

Kind Regards,

Wils.

Do you have any more heads to choose from? How stepped would the finished item be from your printer? Also can the hands be posed like the image attached? At 1/3rd scale the head would be 84mm from under chin to top of head, if you could PM me with an idea of cost that would be great.

Daz Studio s a free download at the moment, and they seem to have plenty of content for heads and hands (although their main content seems to focus on other female body parts). I have not used it before, YMMV: http://www.daz3d.com/

Hi Chuck,

Thanks for the quick response. As these are for pilot figures then we need an average human head, a little muscle isn't a problem but not over the top.

I'm a little confused, I can understand that your software is capable of rendering a high resolution file but is your printer of equal resolution? We basically want a finished head that requires no finishing and can be moulded straight away without noticeable stepping.

Once again thanks for your help, if it isn't too much trouble I woudl appreciate it if you could post some images of the heads you have.

Wils.

oh... so you want a finished product. The ultimaker has decent resolution but might not work for your "print then cast" process. So far I have printed some decent stuff that required little finishing before casting. Usually for bigger stuff. 1/3 scale should be fine for the Ultimaker.. well for a person that has a machine that is working properly. (my machine is still having some temp issues) You will still need to sand and coat the prints out of the Ultimaker. I would typically send files like this to quickparts.com to get casting ready prints... but it's expensive. Depending on how fast you need them a 1/3 human hollow 1/8" wall thickness hand print with SLA would be around $350.

I would post on the ultimaker google forums and ask if someone would print them for you, I will try to did you up some more files from my backups.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/ultimaker

Chuck

Hi Chuck,

I appreciate your honesty, and if you do have any files I could use then that would be superb. If there is anyone out there who feels there machine is setup to create a decent final finish that would be mould ready then please let me know, otherwise I will look into the links that Chuck has sent.

Once again I really appreciate all the help.

Kind Regards,

Wils.