Can anyone help, head and hand models?

bass-power

Posted · Can anyone help, head and hand models?

i don't know whether this is the right place to post this but here goes...

I'm looking for someone who can make me a 1/3rd scale head and hands for a figure project I'm making. I don't have any CAD files available so I need someone who may have access to some library files.

Thanks,

Wilson.

You can also check turbosquid.com... if you are skilled at "fixing" meshes in another app.

Otherwise I have modeled plenty of heads and hands for my job (video game artist) I can send you some files if you let me know what you are looking for.

Chuck

Thanks for all the help guys, we have looked around and many of the available files are of poor definition. I would like to see some of your work Chuck if the offer still stands?

Thanks,

Wils.

Sure thing... I see what I can dig up tonight and post them for you.

Any format you need need in particular?

Are you able to pose them etc?

Chuck

Hi Chuck,

Thanks for that. I'm not into 3D modelling myself, all I'm really after is a model to use for printing. As a result I don't have any 3D software so I guess I would be looking for bitmap grabs from your files so I can see the quality.

Thanks,

Wils.

ok.. I'll send you some pics when I get home.

Better late than never... I made these a while ago and needed to dig them up.

Hi,

They look excellent. Do you have any more heads to choose from? How stepped would the finished item be from your printer?

Also can the hands be posed like the image attached? At 1/3rd scale the head would be 84mm from under chin to top of head, if you could PM me with an idea of cost that would be great.

Kind Regards,

Wils.

Maybe Poser is what might help you.

There is a trial available at

http://poser.smithmicro.com/

Pricing is quite fair.

Cheers,

Micha

Do you have any more heads to choose from? How stepped would the finished item be from your printer? Also can the hands be posed like the image attached? At 1/3rd scale the head would be 84mm from under chin to top of head, if you could PM me with an idea of cost that would be great.

Daz Studio s a free download at the moment, and they seem to have plenty of content for heads and hands (although their main content seems to focus on other female body parts). I have not used it before, YMMV: http://www.daz3d.com/

Once again thanks for the useful posts, much appreciated.

Unfortunately we don't have the time to work on these files ourselves, we was really hoping tht somebody might have some files that we could use for printing that don't require loads of work making them compatible.

Kind Regards,

Wils.

What kind of heads are you looking for... most of the heads I have are "hero" types... muscles etc....

I can pose those hands for you no problem.

I sculpt these in Zbrush.... so the res can be as high res as you want.

Chuck

Hi Chuck,

Thanks for the quick response. As these are for pilot figures then we need an average human head, a little muscle isn't a problem but not over the top.

I'm a little confused, I can understand that your software is capable of rendering a high resolution file but is your printer of equal resolution? We basically want a finished head that requires no finishing and can be moulded straight away without noticeable stepping.

Once again thanks for your help, if it isn't too much trouble I woudl appreciate it if you could post some images of the heads you have.

Wils.

oh... so you want a finished product. The ultimaker has decent resolution but might not work for your "print then cast" process. So far I have printed some decent stuff that required little finishing before casting. Usually for bigger stuff. 1/3 scale should be fine for the Ultimaker.. well for a person that has a machine that is working properly. (my machine is still having some temp issues) You will still need to sand and coat the prints out of the Ultimaker. I would typically send files like this to quickparts.com to get casting ready prints... but it's expensive. Depending on how fast you need them a 1/3 human hollow 1/8" wall thickness hand print with SLA would be around $350.

I would post on the ultimaker google forums and ask if someone would print them for you, I will try to did you up some more files from my backups.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/ultimaker

Chuck

Hi Chuck,

I appreciate your honesty, and if you do have any files I could use then that would be superb. If there is anyone out there who feels there machine is setup to create a decent final finish that would be mould ready then please let me know, otherwise I will look into the links that Chuck has sent.

Once again I really appreciate all the help.

Kind Regards,

Wils.