rectify

Bumps and popping on first layer?

Posted · Bumps and popping on first layer?

Hi guys, been trying to figure out what is going on with my printer, during only the first layer in having these popping sounds and what looks like overextrusion. Im printing on glass that is almost perfectly leveled with a BLTouch so that compensates even more. This only happens on the first layer and the rest is fine. I have tried;

Ajusting Z offset for different squishes

drying my filament in the oven

different nozzles

every axis belt is tight, no wobble.

Any ideas? It almost looks like pressure is being built up from overextrusion but im not entirely sure. it only happens in certain straight line runs, and tohers look perfectly fine.

https://imgur.com/a/X6b5CPK

I agree with smartavionics.  If you can manual level then that is best.  Turn the leveling screws so the nozzle is about 0.1mm farther from the print bed than it was when you did this print in the photo.

I'm curious what temp you are printing at.  Sometimes I get that with some brands of filament and have the temp too high

The other thing you can do to help is to lower your flow rate for the first level by 20-30%