Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

FreeCAD plugin (official thread)

Posted · FreeCAD plugin (official thread)

Open some FreeCAD files in Cura using the plugin. Previously there were some difficulties with files, which have multiple bodies or other shaped objects. The macro should go through all objects within the FCstd file and export them all.

• Replies 53
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here another thread regarding one of my plugins. As I see not too many discussions about the FreeCAD plugin so far, I would like to advertise to use only this thread for discussion. This way many

Haha, no problem. I think I need to think about adding a window for overwriting the path to the executable and overwriting the executable name 😅

I am happy with every solution, even if I have to rewrite from hand to daily like now...

Posted Images

Ok, now I can understand, what this macro is good for. WOW, that would really be a killer feature!

But, I can not open any FreeCAD file in Cura using the modified plugin:

Datei kann nicht geöffnet werden
    {0} konnte nicht geladen werden. Die Datei könnte fehlerhaft oder unzugänglich sein.

And uninstalling, deleting the plugin folder an reinstalling the plugin does not solve this issue. Could probably be something else. I'm not sure, which version of the plugin I had installed before...

BTW: I'm working with the PPA version of FreeCAD, which you mentioned some posts earlier.

This could be the problem eventually. Can you tell me which version of FreeCAD is installed and which OS and version you are using?

Would like to reproduce it 🙂

Many thanks so far!

- Thomas

Word size of OS: 64-bit
    Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
    Version: 0.18.4.
    Build type: Release
    Python version: 3.8.2
    Qt version: 5.12.5
    Coin version: 4.0.0
    OCC version: 7.3.0
    Locale: German/Switzerland (de_CH)