Posted · Problems with Cura

So I started using Cura 3.6 and I came to some problems. Generally I was using my XYZware for printing and all as I have DaVinci printer. But you can still export the g-code and then print with the settings you like and I changed it because in XYZ there are not so many options as there are in Cura. Yet, I happen to have problems with prints and I don't know why. I attached some photos of a 2x2x2cm calibration cube. Using XYZ it prints very well and there are no round corners or anything wrong at all. But when I use Cura, even at exactly the same settings, prints came out like the one in this post. What can I do to make my printer print normally again?

IMG_4252.JPG

IMG_4296.JPG

IMG_4297.JPG

IMG_4298.JPG

Is there a reason you are still using 3.6?

Would suggest retrying with 4.0 and see whether it still occurs.

Personally, I doubt that you will still get support for 3.6. Even if someone finds a bug in this release, there will be never an updated version of it, e.g. version 3.6.1. It is normally not intended by Ultimaker to release bugfixes for older versions.

Oh I just saw that there is Cura 4.0, thank you very much, I will try with the new one and update if the problems still occur

On 4/22/2019 at 1:38 PM, thopiekar said:

Is there a reason you are still using 3.6?

Would suggest retrying with 4.0 and see whether it still occurs.

Personally, I doubt that you will still get support for 3.6. Even if someone finds a bug in this release, there will be never an updated version of it, e.g. version 3.6.1. It is normally not intended by Ultimaker to release bugfixes for older versions.

So basically, I started using Cura 4.0. Using almost the same settings, now I get results like this (last one I cut in half to see the supports as the print is empty inside):

IMG_4325.JPG

IMG_4326.JPG

IMG_4327.JPG

Have you tried the same test cube with the printers original software?

If this print works, I would suggest comparing the G-code of both slicers. Maybe you can trace back from where wrong parameters come from. 😉

Posted (edited) · Problems with Cura
15 hours ago, thopiekar said:

Have you tried the same test cube with the printers original software?

If this print works, I would suggest comparing the G-code of both slicers. Maybe you can trace back from where wrong parameters come from. 😉

So I did the cube with original software and apparently it got printed out very well. That is why I am curious why I get those prints right now.

Comparing doesn't do much, they look the same, just differences in the way of printing like other shapes of infill etc. I need to know why there are holes like these and how to get rid of them as from beginning I already took care of the overextrusion e.g. on the corners and the sides so that's one thing.

Edited by andrulonis

Okay I found out that for some reason when I was writing all the details about my pritner as it is in "custom" ones, option for the filament diameter didn't show. Now it was set to 2.85mm while I use 1.75mm. I will try now and see what I get and update here.

• Like 2

Ok, so basically that was the issue. Pretty easy to understand now why there was underextrusion. Thanks for help still