Improvement for the Dual Extrusion firmware

Posted · Improvement for the Dual Extrusion firmware

The code works as it should. As I now have a heated bed, I also added a menu item 'Preheat XXX Bed' to both XXX=PLA and ABS. Sometimes it's very convenient to have the bed preheated separately...

Thats a great idea! I have my HB-parts already at my desktop, PSU is missing so I have to update mine soon.

Would you share your code??

Would be great if I could use it at my machine too... :-)

Thank you in advance!

Thats a great idea! I have my HB-parts already at my desktop, PSU is missing so I have to update mine soon.

Would you share your code??

Would be great if I could use it at my machine too... :smile:

Thank you in advance!

I'm currently trying to get some movement into this issue on Github. I just left a comment there... Preheating the bed is of general interest, I think, as e.g. Cura first heats the hotend and then the bed (yes, I know the work-around by using the start.gcode... :p ).

Thats an important info as I have not remembered/recognized this behavior and I'd like to get my HB working soon.

Workarounds are always a second hand solution so hopefully there will be enough attention on this topic.

Is there a way to switch the heating sequence in the FW permanently?

Thats an important info as I have not remembered/recognized this behavior and I'd like to get my HB working soon.

Workarounds are always a second hand solution so hopefully there will be enough attention on this topic.

Is there a way to switch the heating sequence in the FW permanently?

It's not a question of the firmware but of the order the M109 and the M190 GCODE commands are placed by Cura. In newer versions of Cura, there are two commented lines a the top of the start.gcode which just have to be uncommented:

;M190 S{print_bed_temperature} ;Uncomment to add your own bed temperature line

;M109 S{print_temperature} ;Uncomment to add your own temperature line

Ok - I also found the corresponding posts. I will have to consider this, when finally setup the HB.

Thank you for your hint!

I see one problem: TEMP_Sensor_2 is for the third extruder/hotend (it begins with 0)...

I think you missed to delete the old menu entries... the two lines which should replaced with exactly the part with the IF section...

About the buzzer sound: you can adjust it with LCD_FEEDBACK_FREQUENCY_HZ and LCD_FEEDBACK_FREQUENCY_DURATION_MS in configuration.h...

Honestly, I have no idea how to use it.

I changed the duration to 300, compiled, uploaded and the UM freezed and gave a nice loud sound...: peeeeeeeeeeeeeppppp....

Nevertheless, in my old version of Marlin (UM fork) I don´t find this settings, just in the new Eric-FW... :-)

solved with the latest official Marlin Firmware... :-)

I am trying to set up my ultimaker 2 with the dual extruders. I can put anything together but I am not a programmer by any means. any advice?

Is that for the um or the um2?

UMO

UMO

damn