UM3 Printhead reassembly / part unknown

HaryPlotter

Posted · UM3 Printhead reassembly / part unknown

Hi everyone,

in the past weeks I seemed to have an automatic leveling problem. So I took the long road to figure out that it probably is the pcb-Board that holds the cores that has a defect (was probably even me crashing it while som of the lube came into the WRONG place and shorted something...)

Anyhow I ordered a new one now and when I get it I will reasseble the Printhead. The disassebly wasn´t that complicated although something had to happen (as alway) the printhead threw out a small tiny peace that actually I lack of finding where it should have been fitting before..

Sad but true and before I reassemble the whole core again missing out exactly this part (which will probably destroy earth when forgotten). I ask some of you --> maybe also one that already has done the disassembly part what this is for and even more important. Where I need to put it again that it should do its job it was constructed for...

Greetings to everybody

Daniel

PS: The piece is around 10,6mm long and about 7,85 mm wide (to give you an impression on how tiny the thingy is)..

1.jpg

2.jpg

Hi Daniel,

this thingy doesn't seem to be a regular part of the printhead, as listed in the parts list (pages 11 -  14)

UM3_Parts_Manual.pdf

It looks like broken off another part. From shape and size, I'd guess it belongs to the connector of the print head cable (the small tab that locks the connector in it's socket). But that's only a guess.

Greetings

• Like 1

Hi Enigma_M4,

checked it and you were right. The thing was infact the part that lockst the printheadcable into place...

Problem solved...

Thx!!!

• Like 1