Ultimaker Cloud

Posted · Ultimaker Cloud

Does anyone have access to their UM3 or UM5 via the ultimaker cloud? I've been unable to get this to function, and have newest firmware and Cura4. I cant seem to find anyone on the forums that say it works. I'd like to be able to monitor a print remotely. Anyone know how to set this up, or have any success here? I keep following the pop-up boxes when I am on the same network as the machine, and it appears to be setup, but no luck connecting to the device when not on the network. Is there some webpage or UI that I just dont know about? 

Posted · Ultimaker Cloud

The cloud features are currently very limited. No remote monitoring or something like that.

You can currently only send a new print job via Cura 4 over the cloud to your printer - that's it.

But it is only the beginning of the cloud functionality, so be patient, there is more to come.

• 3 weeks later...
    Posted · Ultimaker Cloud

Cura 4.1 will have an improved cloud connection flow. Simply signing in in Cura and Cura Connect will make the printer appear in the 'add printer' list of discovered printers (no need anymore to be on the same local network for 'pairing').

We also silently (marketing starts with Cura 4.1 release) launched https://mycloud.ultimaker.com/app/devices, which shows your cloud-connected print clusters and their queue. You still need Cura (4.0 or higher) to add new jobs. But at least you can now see the status of your machines without having to open Cura. We'll be adding more functionality to this application over time. In Cura you're also able to see the status of the printers and queue. We'd love to hear your feedback!

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Cloud

At last remote view (& control) without VPN, thanks !
    But I've just update Cura in 4.1 and when I enter my printer IP after "add printer" in the window, it is spinning for ever and nothing happen?

Any clue ?

Edited by xaho

Posted · Ultimaker Cloud
    14 minutes ago, xaho said:

At last remote view (& control) without VPN, thanks !
    But I've just update Cura in 4.1 and when I enter my printer IP after "add printer" in the window, it is spinning for ever and nothing happen?

Any clue ?

I don't know what your local network situation is, but the following flow should work:

1) Sign in with your Ultimaker Account in Cura Connect (printer IP address -> Cura Connect -> settings -> Cloud connection). This pairs the print cluster with your account.

2) Sign in with your Ultimaker Account in Cura. This pairs Cura with your account.

3) Go to printers -> add printer. It should be in that list now as both are paired.

Step 1 and 2 can also be done in reversed order.

Note that adding the printer (cluster) to your account can only be done when in the same local network (as it requires access to Cura Connect which runs on the printers).

When I do step 1) it says (translated from french) :

"you cannot add the printer to this group"

"Failed adding 192.168.XX.XX - 3D printer not reachable"

My printer working well on local WiFi

Edited by xaho

Posted · Ultimaker Cloud
    2 hours ago, xaho said:

When I do step 1) it says (translated from french) :

"you cannot add the printer to this group"

"Failed adding 192.168.XX.XX - 3D printer not reachable"

My printer working well on local WiFi

How many printers do you have? If you have only one there is no need to add it to a group, it's already in its own group of 1.

Can you reach 192.168.xx.xx in your browser?

Posted · Ultimaker Cloud

I have only one, but you right for some reason I cannot reach its IP address in the browser.
    but it works fine in wifi to launch prints et see the cam ?

Posted · Ultimaker Cloud

Mm sounds like your Network is blocking some stuff then. Maybe a firewall issue?

Posted · Ultimaker Cloud
    On 5/19/2019 at 1:39 PM, ctbeke said:

We'll be adding more functionality to this application over time. In Cura you're also able to see the status of the printers and queue. We'd love to hear your feedback!

I'd love to be able to see my U3Ext camera remotely.  I haven't been able to see it for a while in any app.  Not sure when it stopped working because I didn't touch my machine for about 1/2 year and upgraded to 4.0 a few weeks ago and 4.1 yesterday.

• Like 1

Posted · Ultimaker Cloud
    13 hours ago, randyinla said:

I'd love to be able to see my U3Ext camera remotely.  I haven't been able to see it for a while in any app.  Not sure when it stopped working because I didn't touch my machine for about 1/2 year and upgraded to 4.0 a few weeks ago and 4.1 yesterday.

Webcam support is something we're investigating (but might be quite hard due to the huge amount of bandwidth needed, so probably another solution is needed). Note that you need to update your printer to the latest firmware to make use of Ultimaker Cloud printing from Cura.

• Like 1

Posted · Ultimaker Cloud

how can i clear a 3d printing  that is in the que in my cloud ?

thanks

uri

Posted · Ultimaker Cloud
    2 hours ago, urilevin said:

how can i clear a 3d printing  that is in the que in my cloud ?

thanks

uri

There will be a firmware and cloud update very soon that brings the queue controls to the cloud (as they are in Connect)!

Posted · Ultimaker Cloud

Is there any updated on queue management through Ultimaker Cloud? I've got a print stuck in the queue because of profile settings - now the whole cloud connectivity has become useless 🙂 - Cannot use connect due to restrictions on our network.

Posted · Ultimaker Cloud

Remote queue management is only available with firmware 5.3 and newer (as it required changes on the printer to make this possible). This firmware version is not available for UM3 (and I'm not sure when it will be).

As a work-around you could reset Connect on the printer's display and then setup the connection again (or override the material selection on the printer).

Posted · Ultimaker Cloud

As of December 2019.

Has anyone had luck of monitoring and eventually stopping the UM5 from android, when the UM is behind a firewall?

I try to understand if I should use cloud or exposing the printer through the firewall (NAT or VPN).

If cloud bandwith is a problem then I suggest that a single picture each 30sec would be ok. Just to check if the print is proceeding alright or if it should be stopped due to a problem.

Any help is appreciated.

Rune

Posted · Ultimaker Cloud

On 6/4/2019 at 1:07 PM, ctbeke said:

Webcam support is something we're investigating (but might be quite hard due to the huge amount of bandwidth needed, so probably another solution is needed). Note that you need to update your printer to the latest firmware to make use of Ultimaker Cloud printing from Cura.

As suggested from another user even a picture every 30 seconds or a minute might help.

Right now I'm working from home (Coronavirus pandemic) and managing our UM3 at my company through Ultimaker Cloud. Being able to monitor the print through the camera would be a life saver.

• Like 1

Posted · Ultimaker Cloud

I agree, most don't need live video but 1 frame every minute would work fine just to check the build now and then remotely.

• Like 1

Posted · Ultimaker Cloud

Webcam images are now available in the cloud (with a 10-second interval)! If you install the latest Ultimaker S3 or S5 firmware you will see the webcam icon appear in the Digital Factory.

• Like 1
    • Thanks 1

@ctbeke Great news! Thanks!

That's exactly what we were looking for.

Edited by mattdibi
    • Like 1

Posted · Ultimaker Cloud

@ctbeke do you anticipate the webcam images being made available for the Ultimaker 3 via Digital Factory in a future firmware release?  Thanks.

Posted · Ultimaker Cloud

@inworks I'm not sure about the future roadmap for UM3, but I'm sure we'll release an update for it somewhere in 2021 that will include the later additions to the communication protocol between printer and cloud (unlocking features like webcam screenshots).

• Like 3

Posted · Ultimaker Cloud

@ctbeke thanks for this information.  Having the webcam screenshots for our UM3 will be super useful, especially now that we're working remotely much of the time, so I eagerly await that update.   Another question: on our UM3, when the print is done, but before you remove it and press the "Print Finished" button, the Digital Factory interface still says "Printing."  Is there a future upgrade that will correct this to something like "Ready to Remove," or similar?  Thanks.