kulfuerst

[Cura 3.6] Overextrusion after bridge lines (Solved in 4.0?)

Posted · [Cura 3.6] Overextrusion after bridge lines (Solved in 4.0?)

Hello printers,

I'm still using Cura 3.6, so I don't know if this issue has been fixed in later releases, maybe someone can tell me.
When I print a part that contains bridged sections, cura always increases the extrusion WAY too much after the bridge wall lines. In my prints I get bad over extrusion right after every bridge line and I cannot seem to find a way to get that sorted out. These artefacts are very visible on finished prints and often ruin an otherwise flawless surface. Does anybody know if this is sorted out with newer Cura releases or how to tune the settings to fix this issue? Thank you all very much 🙂

image.thumb.png.84a09bf595ccd2e633d13d4b266a8989.png

Hello @kulfuerst, no it has not changed yet. The only workaround currently is to not use a bridge wall speed that is very much less than the normal wall speed.

Thank you very much! I'll try to find some middle ground then and change those settings.