Cura 13.09 and 13.10 bugs (Mac version)

makingzone

Posted · Cura 13.09 and 13.10 bugs (Mac version)

Hello Daid,

THere is bugs on the version 13.10 multilingual for mac... It's impossible to set the software in English... It's works for dutch, netherlands, but no English !

About 13.09, it worked well this 3 previous day, but now, it's impossible to save a slice. And after slicing there is no information anymore about the duration, pla quantity etc....

On Mac different installations of Cura seem to cause odd conflicts with each-other. This seems to have something to do with MacOS, I have no idea wtf MacOS is doing there and why it fucks up like that, but it causes random bugs that seem to dissapear if you only have 1 version installed.

The "multi-language" contains a bug, if you set it to english it seems to take your system default language.

Strange, because my default language is French. But I'm living in switzerland and sometime, people (website and software) forget that in Switzerland there is 3 official languages and everybody is not speaking german.

And about my slicing bug, have you got an idea to fix it until you update ?

Just an idea. When you have multiple versions of Cura installed, they all use the same plist "com.ultimaker.Cura". Maybe one of the versions breaks the plist file for other versions.

Btw. where to get the actual Cura for Mac? Are there any pre-compiled versions?

How can i totaly delet Cura to reinstall it ? I try to delect the folder Cura in Application, empty the trash, then reinstall, but all my configuration stay (and the bug too).

I don't think to have multiple version...

You need to also delete the file com.ultimaker.Cura unter ~/Library/Preferences.

Strange, because I don't find any com.ultimaker.cura file in preferences, and anywhere in my Mac (try searching). In preferences, there is only com.apple.xxx files

Ok, I fixed the problem by reseting the profil to defaut.

@MakingZone: Where did you get the actual version for the Mac? Did you compile it yourself?

Mac preferences for Cura live in ~/.cura - a hidden folder in your home directory. You need to delete all of that to get rid of the stored settings.

Also, when choosing 'English' it isn't defaulting to the system setting - I get German, but my system is US English, and has never been set to German.

Confirmed... Even with preferences set to English you get German, and after a relaunch with prefs set to English you can't get the Prefs window to come up again.

On initial launch, after going through the setup in german, if you open preferences you find it says it is set to english. If you change it to Dutch you get Dutch on restart, but cannot access preferences at that point. Also, to exit the app you need to force-quit.

The multi-language problem is known and I fixed it for the next version. For windows there is an RC1 now. For Mac I'm building and testing it (we noticed an odd problem opening the machine settings window on Mac)