How to work with new UI ?

tonycstech

Posted · How to work with new UI ?

I am not a doctor but i think i cant see what the hell am doing when CURA is not in full screen.

Messages stack up covering view.

Entire window is a view (root problem of new UI) instead of part of it for controls etc, like 99.9% of all 3d programs in the world.

Is there an option to make all those settings and tweaks on the right to permanently become part of the window and have viewport on the left (or on the right ?)

Also is there an option to MOVE the model on 1st click instead of on 2nd ? Like Click and move instead of click and select and then click to move ?

Because it does not move unless i click it twice.

Thanks !

0529192244[1].jpg

For Cura 4.0, there's a plugin to restore the sidebar which declutters the view (Sidebar GUI). I'm working on a version for Cura 4.1.

• Like 1

please @ahoeben be fast. Ultimaker maybe great for printer, good for slicer (4.1.0 update forget ALL my settings....) but for GUI are very bad.
    4.0.0 was very stupid gui (and SLOW)....  made 4.1.0 optimal is very simple.... 4.0.0+sidebarguiplugin+FAST.... and what is 4.1.0 ? another stupid SLOW interface with a window overlap "slice" button and layer slider....
    But they make cura slicer at work and then home use simplify3d for own printer ??? did they tried to use ?

mah.....

Posted (edited) · How to work with new UI ?
    22 hours ago, ahoeben said:

For Cura 4.0, there's a plugin to restore the sidebar which declutters the view (Sidebar GUI). I'm working on a version for Cura 4.1.

Where do i get that plugin ?

Thanks !

DEV's seriously need to make it look more like a PROGRAM instead of mobile APP for iphone.

They them selves complain about Windows 10 looking like a mobile app yet they are doing it them selves.

LOL

Edited by tonycstech
    Idiocy.

😵😵 OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can finally stop puking when i see CURA new intuitive user interface !

Thanks man, thats it EXACTLY what i wanted. (except on the wrong side)

The other cool thing to fix would be enable click>drag instead of click>select>click>drag.

4 minutes ago, tonycstech said:

enable click>drag instead of click>select>click>drag

I don't understand what you mean by that. Oh, wait, I re-read your opening post. I get it now, but that's not going to be part of this particular plugin.

Edited by ahoeben

But is now ok also for 4.1.0?

31 minutes ago, ahoeben said:

I don't understand what you mean by that. Oh, wait, I re-read your opening post. I get it now, but that's not going to be part of this particular plugin.

Thats sad.

43 minutes ago, marcottt said:

But is now ok also for 4.1.0?

No its not working with  4.1

I tried and it was a big mistake.

The biggest problem i am facing now is that downgrade didnt work. I cant make CURA to work after downgrading.

CHEVY engineers decided to make crap movable instead of making it static on either side like it should.

Floating toolbars are a nightmare for any industry.

Every single reputable software i know to this day DOES NOT use floating toolbars as general rule.

Exceptions are some but even those can be snapped to what ever side user wants.

For example Premiere Pro.

3DS Max. Countless floating toolbars snap to what ever side pushing viewport around.

But in CURA, floating menus do not push viewport. Viewport stays in the center of the window at all time, thats bad. Thats incorrect center of the view every time.

It looks cool but its not practical.

Edited by tonycstech
    • Like 1