My Print profiles are gone when I upgraded to 4.1

bigdawg

Posted · My Print profiles are gone when I upgraded to 4.1

I upgraded from 4 to 4.1 and now all my print profiles are gone!

I keep backups of my computer so if you can tell me where to locate the data file that contains all my printing profiles and how to import them would be greatly appreciated.

Since I make daily image backups of my computer, my solution was to make a current image backup of my drive and then restore a previous image backup. Once done, I went into Cura 4.0 and exported each of the Profiles, that I wanted to keep, to a USB drive. Then I restored the current image backup and opened Cura 4.1 and imported each of the Profiles saved on the USB drive.

Not a very elegant or easy way, but it did the trick.

I still would like to know for future reference if there is a file or a folder that keeps the Profiles. That way I could simply copy the file or folder from a previous backup over to the new Cura installation without having to do a complete restore of an earlier backup.

On 6/1/2019 at 3:42 AM, Carla_Birch said:

I found that when i updated to 4.1 that all my materials profiles i had made for filaments went, reinstalling the past 4.0 version they come back.

Same for me.  I found multiple materials listed in a file named "custom" and a single material in Cura listed as Custom but just one material.  Seems I always lose something; print profile/machine setting or material when upgrading to a new release.

I saw that I could not find my printer's profile in the Make/Model list. (Creality Ender-3)

Therefore, I have not upgraded, for fear that I may not be able to print properly if I do.

I guess I will wait until there are patches or fixes to the upgrade.

Swiftcloud:

I'm not sure what you mean by "my printer's profile". If you are talking about setting up Cura to work with the printer (Ender3). It's there. You may have to go into "other" under add printer but I found Creality Ender3 which is what I use.

If you are speaking of Custom Printing Profiles you made to print your 3D projects, I would suggest you export all of the custom profiles you created so that when you upgrade, you can restore (import) them back to Cura.