groone

Printing the top of something - Ant Mini

Posted · Printing the top of something - Ant Mini

I have an Ant-Mini printer and it prints well for a low end one extruder, but I'm curious on the adjustment that I need to tweak in order to fix what's happening in the image attached.  Printing a wall, the very top just shows the fill and doesn't cover.  Only the stuff circled in red.  I ran out of demo filament so it didn't finish the rest.  Help is greatly appreciated. 😄

wall.jpg.5d547f46da35211107925a6b82e54c0e.jpg

That's called pillowing sometimes although it's so extreme I don't know what to call it in this case but it's the same issue

lots of fan.  maximum possible fan

thicker layers.  0.2 layers will fill top better but not mandatory

thick skin - 8 layers (1.6mm thick of 0.2 layers) will cover better - each layer gets better so after 8 layers of this it should look pretty good

print slower - I get that at speeds of over 200mm/sec but I assume you are printing much slower.  The point is slower is better.

Thanks for leading me in the right direction!  The changes I made did a good job.  Not bad for being the 4th thing I have ever printed in my life lol

wall.jpg