Link

S5 Max Travel Speed 150 ??

Posted · S5 Max Travel Speed 150 ??

Hi,

I am tuning my profiles for the S5 and whenever I try to set the travel speed to above 150 it goes red ?, could someone from Ultimaker please state of the Max Travel Speed of the S5 is indeed 150 or if it turning red is just a bug in Cura. @SandervGCould you please help, 150 is quit slow when traversing the entire plate with for example.

Many thanks

Until you get the official answer, I can tell you that 150mm/s is indeed the correct travel speed for the S5. The reason for the lower value (compared to e.g. an Ultimaker 3) is the heavier print head. As the product aims at professional customers, Ultimaker has decided to give safe values the priority over speed.

Interesting, thanks for responding. 

this seems to in contrast however to the very aggressive acceleration and jerk settings for travel, these are crazy high and really hammer the machine. If indeed the reason the max travel speed is 150 due to the print head weight the default jerk and acceleration settings should be adjusted (as they are more affected by a heavier print head, the max speed is only met after acceleration). I knocked mine back to way more sensible levels as the printer would actually shake !  

Really Interested to hear from UM on this