Problems with latest firmware

Rhsin

Posted · Problems with latest firmware
33 minutes ago, Dim3nsioneer said:

If you mean the firmware recovery, no, those are two different things.

A factory reset didnt work it says Select material and no material is listed to select....

@Rhsin I'm sorry to hear about your display problems. We did receive a few more of these reports but from the total number of printers that upgraded to v5.2.11 this is only a handful. We are trying to figure out where it goes wrong and from your long search we can conclude it is a software problem, perhaps in combination with a certain hardware revision.

Did you perhaps save the log files? Otherwise, are you willing to go through the process of updating again to v5.2.11 and dump the log files to USB when the display fails? You can send the log files in a private message.

For the time being I suggest you remain at v4.3.3. Do not upgrade to 4.3.97 as that is not stable for printing but is only a stepping stone to the v5.x releases.

9 minutes ago, CarloK said:

@Rhsin I'm sorry to hear about your display problems. We did receive a few more of these reports but from the total number of printers that upgraded to v5.2.11 this is only a handful. We are trying to figure out where it goes wrong and from your long search we can conclude it is a software problem, perhaps in combination with a certain hardware revision.

Did you perhaps save the log files? Otherwise, are you willing to go through the process of updating again to v5.2.11 and dump the log files to USB when the display fails? You can send the log files in a private message.

For the time being I suggest you remain at v4.3.3. Do not upgrade to 4.3.97 as that is not stable for printing but is only a stepping stone to the v5.x releases.

The problem I have on 4.3 etc.. is that I do not have any materials listed in my material list on the machine, which means its unusable..

@neo-ninja You are hijacking this thread. Your problem might be related but is best handled in a new topic.

The material list being empty can be for two reasons:

1) You installed a firmware where this list is missing. I think we accidentally shipped one such version which means you are using an older firmware. Follow the above linked thread from GR5 which uses the recommended v4.3.3 recovery image file.

2) The printer lost its identification code. Check this by going to the maintenance menu and then the 'About this printer' screen. On the 3-rd line it says "hardware type-id". For an UM3 that's 9066 or for an UM3-Extended it is 9511.

9 hours ago, CarloK said:

I can do the upgrade again, and do some trials, do you want me to start a print and let the printer get stuck?, and how do i get the log files, is it trough the diagnostics menu? (im at work and don´t have the printer in front of me now, but will try this evening.

2 hours ago, Rhsin said:

and how do i get the log files, is it trough the diagnostics menu?

"On the Ultimaker 3 menu, navigate to System > Maintenance > Diagnostics > Dump logs to USB. Make sure a USB stick is inserted into the printer to store the log files." (quote from Ultimaker homepage)

4 hours ago, Rhsin said:

I can do the upgrade again, and do some trials, do you want me to start a print and let the printer get stuck?

Great !!!

I think your system has two different problems:

1) The corrupted display

2) Getting stuck during a print

For the corrupted display I found a difference between the v4.3.3 and 4.3.97 that might explain the weird behavior. I'll build a new image file for you to test and will mail you the link for downloading later this evening.

For the printer getting stuck problem it would be nice for you to try to reproduce this. Then after getting stuck, wait a moment and reboot the printer. Then use the above described menu item for dumping the files to USB and email them to me.

@carlok i have send a pm with link of the files, however i cancelled the print before i got ultimatly stuck, but i had 3-4 5-10 second stops in the print, they should be in the log file.

but let me know if i should retty the print and let it get completely stuck as described above

Posted (edited) · Problems with latest firmware

So far the bug fix for this problem is:

1. Stay on firmware 4.3.3 (if wificonnection is a must)

2. Or if you want to run on latest fw switch off wifi on the printer, and only use LAN or usb stick.

This is based on several test versions of fw and info from @carlok which unfortinatly did not bring a solution for now.

as i have been told by @CarloK the fix probably requires an update of Linux in the printer fw, and this needs more testing and probably wont be within the next 6 month.

My wifinetwork is linksys wrt1900 router, with over 100 different unit with both philips hue and belkin wemo airplay units etc etc.

as i understand the printer is affected by unwanted  which corrupts the system while running.

Edited by Rhsin
    • Thanks 1

On 6/11/2019 at 5:34 PM, CarloK said:

I just upgraded to 4.3.3 in an attempt to fix my issue, this being recommended from another post. (below). The printer asked me if I wanted to upgrade to 4.3.97. Since it wasn't 5.2.11 which broke auto levelling on my printer, I figured this was ok. Then I find this post which recommends staying on 4.3.3 because 4.3.97 is unstable. Now I've got to dismantle my printer for a second time to reflash older firmware.

Can Ultimaker please provide an official statement or thread somewhere to users, ideally via email that expresses explicitly what we should be doing, and how to do it, along with progress updates as to what Ultimaker is currently doing to investigate and resolve this problem?

I should also note another abnormality I found with 5.2.11 for what it's worth: In an attempt to fix the auto levelling, I thought I'd reseat the cores. In the process of doing so with the second core, I received an odd message, something to the effect of "PC white not being compatible with an "AA0." core. Note the missing nozzle size digit in the message, it did not say "AA0.4". I had PC white loaded in an AA0.4 core, which to my knowledge is compatible.

)