Rhsin

Problems with latest firmware

Posted · Problems with latest firmware
33 minutes ago, Dim3nsioneer said:

If you mean the firmware recovery, no, those are two different things.

A factory reset didnt work it says Select material and no material is listed to select....

@Rhsin I'm sorry to hear about your display problems. We did receive a few more of these reports but from the total number of printers that upgraded to v5.2.11 this is only a handful. We are trying to figure out where it goes wrong and from your long search we can conclude it is a software problem, perhaps in combination with a certain hardware revision.

Did you perhaps save the log files? Otherwise, are you willing to go through the process of updating again to v5.2.11 and dump the log files to USB when the display fails? You can send the log files in a private message.

For the time being I suggest you remain at v4.3.3. Do not upgrade to 4.3.97 as that is not stable for printing but is only a stepping stone to the v5.x releases.

9 minutes ago, CarloK said:

@Rhsin I'm sorry to hear about your display problems. We did receive a few more of these reports but from the total number of printers that upgraded to v5.2.11 this is only a handful. We are trying to figure out where it goes wrong and from your long search we can conclude it is a software problem, perhaps in combination with a certain hardware revision.

Did you perhaps save the log files? Otherwise, are you willing to go through the process of updating again to v5.2.11 and dump the log files to USB when the display fails? You can send the log files in a private message.

For the time being I suggest you remain at v4.3.3. Do not upgrade to 4.3.97 as that is not stable for printing but is only a stepping stone to the v5.x releases.

The problem I have on 4.3 etc.. is that I do not have any materials listed in my material list on the machine, which means its unusable..

@neo-ninja You are hijacking this thread. Your problem might be related but is best handled in a new topic.

The material list being empty can be for two reasons:

1) You installed a firmware where this list is missing. I think we accidentally shipped one such version which means you are using an older firmware. Follow the above linked thread from GR5 which uses the recommended v4.3.3 recovery image file.

2) The printer lost its identification code. Check this by going to the maintenance menu and then the 'About this printer' screen. On the 3-rd line it says "hardware type-id". For an UM3 that's 9066 or for an UM3-Extended it is 9511.

9 hours ago, CarloK said:

I can do the upgrade again, and do some trials, do you want me to start a print and let the printer get stuck?, and how do i get the log files, is it trough the diagnostics menu? (im at work and don´t have the printer in front of me now, but will try this evening.

2 hours ago, Rhsin said:

and how do i get the log files, is it trough the diagnostics menu?

"On the Ultimaker 3 menu, navigate to System > Maintenance > Diagnostics > Dump logs to USB. Make sure a USB stick is inserted into the printer to store the log files." (quote from Ultimaker homepage)

4 hours ago, Rhsin said:

I can do the upgrade again, and do some trials, do you want me to start a print and let the printer get stuck?

Great !!!

I think your system has two different problems:

1) The corrupted display

2) Getting stuck during a print

For the corrupted display I found a difference between the v4.3.3 and 4.3.97 that might explain the weird behavior. I'll build a new image file for you to test and will mail you the link for downloading later this evening.

For the printer getting stuck problem it would be nice for you to try to reproduce this. Then after getting stuck, wait a moment and reboot the printer. Then use the above described menu item for dumping the files to USB and email them to me.

@carlok i have send a pm with link of the files, however i cancelled the print before i got ultimatly stuck, but i had 3-4 5-10 second stops in the print, they should be in the log file.

but let me know if i should retty the print and let it get completely stuck as described above