Ultimaker2+ wrong position of print

WilliD

Posted · Ultimaker2+ wrong position of print

Recently I had to clean the nozzle after a failed print. From that day on all my prints start at a Position that is shifted towards the back of the buildplate. As a consequence parts of the print fall over the rear edge of the buildplate.

I have updated CURA to 4.1 and uploaded a new firmware to my Ultimaker 2+.

This is a screenshot of the machine settings in CURA. I'd appreciate your help as I can't find anything helpful searching the Internet.

image.thumb.png.a0c08a976a315f4caeb41a0f7f2f061c.png

I'd like to see a video of your printing homing.  I'm trying to think of which of 20 things might have happened.  99% chance this has nothing to do with Cura.

The most likely thing in my opinion is that the horizontal rod through the head that is parallel with the X axis is not sticking out the left block far enough to hit the limit switch.  Push the head to the back of the printer until you hear it click.  I'm guessing you want hear the click because that rod should stick through the left block enough to engage the limit switch.

Also check if your two rods that go through the print head aren't perpendicular anymore.  Push the print head around by hand to the 4 edges of the bed.  As you do this, feel the friction - the 2 axes should be the same.  Note the side blocks as you do this also and see if both side blocks reach the end at the same time or if one has a gap.  If so you can fix this with the hex driver that came with the printer - loosen two of the pulley set screws, adjust the blocks, retighten - tighten the hell out of those set screws.

Also try homing the head - go into the printer menu and home the head - does it go too far back?  Push the head around by hand again and make sure you can hear the limit switch click before the head gets beyond the edge of the glass.  Start a print - after it homes in the back it should come to the front corner and extrude/prime the nozzle.  Does it print within 1 or 2 cm from the front of the glass?

I just realized, that my Response to your answer has not appeared in this Topic. I'm sorry. Especially as you have answered so amazingly quick. I answered to the notification on my phone.

Thank you very much for this helpful advice. I have followed all the steps and at the end I started a print. It was exactly were it used to be before the Problems occured. So I'm happy that I can continue my work.

From all the possible causes that you mentioned, I guess it was the Position of the rods and the activation of the limit switch that were wrong. It was indeed no Software issue.