RikChik

Is it possible to reset Cura from mm to inches?

Posted · Is it possible to reset Cura from mm to inches?

I'm stumped.  I live in a country where we don't use mm or cm or anything but inches and feet.  How can I reset Cura to inches?

You can't. You can install a plugin that will let you scale a loaded model by 25.4 (from inches to mm), but there is no way to have Cura work in mm (nor any other unit of length other than mm).

15 hours ago, RikChik said:

I live in a country where we don't use mm or cm or anything but inches and feet.

I thought all countries world-wide had switched to the metric system?

The UK has switched gradually, with the latest units changed around the year 2000, I think? Today in the UK the old imperial units are only allowed for "drinking and driving", as one Englishman said on another forum. (=for road signs and beer bottle labels). But correct me if this info is incorrect.  :-)

The USA has officially adopted the metric system in 1875 (yes, 18..., not 19...), although most politicians, government officials, and press people are not aware of this. So they keep converting these metric units back to imperail units for "convenience", although it is very inconvenient for them, and it slows down conversion in everyday life. This causes big headaches for US-technicians, engineers, industry, and all other internationally oriented businesses.

I thought the handfull remaining countries in Africa and Asia, previous English colonies, had also switched recently, except maybe Burma/Myanmar?

Although in daily life people tend to keep using their old habits of course, just like we still use horse-power for cars instead of kilowatt. I guess because the number in horse-power is 1.3x higher than in kilowatt, so it sounds more impressive.  :-)