Camera API returns 404 not found

Yates

Posted · Camera API returns 404 not found

All of the camera API URI's return 404 not found. Having digest authorization does not matter, I always get a 404.

I have other requests working, I use the same headers and digest authentication.

The printer is running the stable version 5.2.11.20190503

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know why it is not working, probably a bug, but as far as I know the API just returns the URL to the video stream. So you can just use the URL instead of calling the API before: http://<IPADDRESS>:8080/?action=stream

@Smithy the request to retrieve the stream is actually the only camera API route I don't want to use 😛

Guess I'll have to wait until they release a fix, or capture the stream and create a workaround.

perhaps this find is of any help?

11 hours ago, Yates said:

the request to retrieve the stream is actually the only camera API route I don't want to use

out of curiosity: what are the other possibilities to read the stream?

@tinkergnome there's a route for the camera object, one to retrieve the stream URL, one for redirection to the stream URL with a specific index and one to get the snapshot with a specific index. I don't know what the index is supposed to be or do, I was mainly interested in the camera object.

I think the index is just a random number to defeat any caching.

The API for retrieving the camera's URL is confirmed as a bug in v5.2.11, it was broken since v5.1 and will be fixed in the next release.

The index number you specify in the API call is to specify the camera number you want to access. Not officially supported yet, but you can connect up to 10 camera's over usb and then this index number will select each camera. Not officially supported because never tested, and there is no guarantee that the number connecting to the camera's will remain the same.

• Like 1

@CarloK,  is there an ETA for the next release?

No, there is no release date planned yet. The camera API problem is fixed but not considered large enough to validate a new release.

The workaround is to use the hard coded camera paths like:

http://x.x.x.x:8080/?action=stream

and for a picture

http://x.x.x.x:8080/?action=snapshot

If you ever add more camera's to the the printer, then the second camera will be at port 8081, the 3rd at port 8082, etc.

There are no plans to change these paths, so hard coding them in your application shouldn't be a reason to wait for a new firmware release.