Cura using top/bottom instead of infill

abbrowna

Posted · Cura using top/bottom instead of infill

Hello,

I am having some trouble sorting out an infill issue that seems to have cropped up a version or 2 ago. Currently running Cura 4.1 on Windows10.

What can I do or change to get the infill to be consistent? Cura appears to be replacing some infill sections with top/bottom rather than the selected pattern, (all of them exhibit the same behavior) even with different infill densities. I have attached a screenshot of the situation. It may be worth mentioning that the "minimum infill area" is still at the default 0.

Thanks.

Screenshot (27).png

Hello @abbrowna, that looks like the wall gap filling and not skin. The way to tell is to set Fill Gaps Between Walls to Nowhere and that should make it go away. The wall gap filling Cura is pretty broken (along with the thin walls printing). I have a Cura build that provides a different implementation of those features and it may well work better. If you wish to try it, my builds can be found at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s43vqzmi4d2bqe2/AAADdYdSu9iwcKa0Knqgurm4a?dl=0

• Like 1

OK, so that confirms that the little lines are being generated by the fill gaps between walls feature. Try mine, it works a lot better for most prints. You can install my builds alongside the official releases, they won't conflict.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, burtoogle said:

Try mine, it works a lot better for most prints.

Those versions you linked to on dropbox were created by smartavionics, right burtoogle?

1 hour ago, gr5 said:

Those versions you linked to on dropbox were created by smartavionics, right burtoogle?

That's true, but it's cool, burtoogle === smartavionics.