Cura 4.1 won't start anymore...

sagonzal

Posted · Cura 4.1 won't start anymore...

I installed 4.1 (Win10 x64) with Octoprint some week ago an it ran smoothly the whole week.

Nevertheless, today it wont start and with that I mean that the GUI won't start but "cura.exe" is running on the background as it can be seen in the windows task manager.

Today I proceed to erase the directory where all my configs are installed, that is:

\AppData\Roaming\cura\4.1

and nothing happened. Cura re-created the directory but it did not start either! (it is still running on the background but the GUI does NOT appear)

So I conclude is the program the issue and not the settings...

Then I uninstalled it and installed it again leaving intact my user settings....the program did work once with pug-ins working and my edited materials and everything, but the next time I close and then re-start the program it won't work...

Any help please would be greatly appreciated....

Hi. This is the 1st time that I install the CURA software. It started ok. Asked me to config my printer, and after that it just hang.

I kill the process then try to open it again, but this time it just hung after opens the main windows.

Is there anyway to post/send the log file?

Best

Serpa

Same predicament here...Iserpa did you installed any plugin to connect with your printer ?

I'm starting to think this is related to Cura trying to reach for printers at the very beginning and not being able to do so.

2 hours ago, sagonzal said:

Same predicament here...Iserpa did you installed any plugin to connect with your printer ?

I'm starting to think this is related to Cura trying to reach for printers at the very beginning and not being able to do so.

Hi, nop.

just did a normal installation, next, next, .... install the drivers that it ask for.

first run I pick a custom printer, don't have one printer but going to buy a anet A8, so I put the data of that printer.

the program start. after a 1m or so it hangs. Stopped the process and tried it again. splash screen then hangs.

delete the .cfg file and run it again. splash screen then ask me for me printer and after that... hangs again.

I agree with you, I think its some thing related with the printer parameters.

have this line on the logs but i don't know if it is normal

"WARNING - [MainThread] UM.Qt.QtApplication.__onQmlWarning [369]: file:///C:/Program Files/Ultimaker Cura 4.1/resources/qml/Menus/MaterialMenu.qml:16:44: Unable to assign [undefined] to QString"

Best, 

Serpa

cura_notresponding.png

cura.log

I am having the same issue - with both 4.2 and 4.1 - I removed the OctoPrint Plugin, then deleted everything in the \AppData\Local\cura\4.2\cache or \AppData\Local\cura\4.1\cache directories.

So, looks like it is an issue with that plugin and 4.x, IMHO.

cliff

Yep....me too and with 4.21 also show this behavior.

But, I found a "cure", and if i copy all dlls from a fresh copy of CURA and overwrite the files in the install directory the program is able to start again without reinstalling anything and with all features working normally.

But then, I close the program and it won't star again.

That keep me thinking if there is an issue with windows 10.....blocking some of the dll's....

best regards...

Anyone got a definite answer for this please?

I have just installed 4.2.1 on a machine that was [previously working with 3.x (dont know what the version was) and now it wont run, appears to start loading then shows a white screen with the egg-timer and then it just shuts and nothing - I can repeat this until the cows come home, Cura just wont start 😞