Lots of pieces

dman97

Posted · Lots of pieces

Would there be a problem with my prints if I have too many pieces to print out.  I want to print out a cable chain for my ender 3, it is composed of 15 chain links.  Could I print all 15 links at one time?  I was wondering if there is too many pieces to print they could cool down too much before they get another layer of filament.  Thanks.

Posted · Lots of pieces

That should be fine.  With PLA it's actually an advantage for parts to cool down extra.

I've seen people print chain mail which is thousands of interlocking chain links.  So you can definitely print 15, lol. 🙂

• Like 1

Posted · Lots of pieces

Many pieces to print out is Ok.  If You have many small pieces it is good idea to increase RETRACK- parameter to 3.0 (default 1.5)

(Remember to greate ggode after chance) This disables the small hair filament hairs between parts.

• Like 1

Posted · Lots of pieces
    17 hours ago, Juskuboy said:

Many pieces to print out is Ok.  If You have many small pieces it is good idea to increase RETRACK- parameter to 3.0 (default 1.5)

(Remember to greate ggode after chance) This disables the small hair filament hairs between parts.

I did not see the retrack setting.  I am using Cura 3.6.0.  Is it in this version?

Posted · Lots of pieces

In the english version of cura it's "retract" and I don't think you want to mess with that unless you know your printer well.  Each type of printer needs different settings.

Does the ender3 have a bowden?  Is the feeder mounted on the head where the hot end is?  Or is the feeder on the other end of a meter long tube?  If the feeder is on the head you want very short retraction - typically 1 or 2mm.

Posted · Lots of pieces
    50 minutes ago, gr5 said:

In the english version of cura it's "retract" and I don't think you want to mess with that unless you know your printer well.  Each type of printer needs different settings.

Does the ender3 have a bowden?  Is the feeder mounted on the head where the hot end is?  Or is the feeder on the other end of a meter long tube?  If the feeder is on the head you want very short retraction - typically 1 or 2mm.

The ender3 has a bowden.  I see "Retraction Minimum travel" which I have as .8mm.  Is that the same setting