DanielKabel

UMO+ Advise on improving printing quality

Posted · UMO+ Advise on improving printing quality

Hello,

I've just assembled my first 3D printer, an Ultimaker Original+.

I've already read a lot about fixing printing problems/improving quality but to be honest I'm a little bit lost.

What I did so far was adjusting the x and y steps after printing the XYZ cube. X and Y were a little bit too small so I adjuested the steps and know the cube is a "real" cube.

But I don't know where to start with other settings. Maybe someone can help me here to identify the problems? Or tell if it's already a good print from an UMO+.

I will be thankful for every help! 🙂

Best regards,

Daniel

18BFDD2B-3CB5-42CA-851E-B3967E749A87.jpeg

FD084351-F920-43A1-8A89-7A6F9C88B68D.jpeg

A8D66C52-D522-478D-8FD0-D83732F6AC9D.jpeg

I would say it is not so bad, some minor issues but overall a good print.

Try to print a little bit cooler and slower. Not sure, but when looking at the surface I would say you print too hot. Then I see some ringing, which should be better when printing slower. 

Thank you for your feedback. I printed the benchy with 200°, 60° bed and 60mm/s with Innofil PLA. I will try print another one with 20 or 30mm/s and another one with 190° or maybe even 180°.

200° is basically ok, but give it a try with 190°, if you see under extrusion it was too cold.