PRISMA3D

Octoprint plugin does not connect

Posted · Octoprint plugin does not connect
Hi, this is the first time I write in this forum. I have been a Cura user since its inception, I think it's a great software! Today I download version 4.2 (I am a Linux user and therefore I use the appimage), when making the updates of the plugins, the connection for the octoprint does not appear to me ... nor does the "connect to Octoprint" button appear to me. .. is it a plug in bug or is there anything I can do to fix this issue?
Thanks for everything! Greetings from Argentina!
PD: In the other versions of Cura, the plugin works very well.

4.2 of the Windows version has the same issue.

Thank you!

Getting the same issue.  Plugin need to be updated to support 4.2?

I downloaded the file as suggested but where do I drop it. I am confused as to your directions.

I downloaded the file as indicated but as far as the instructions "drop it in a running Cura application" this is confusing as I do not know where to drop it. Can you please be more specific.

Can someone outline the "drop" process?  If I drag it to an open Cura, Cura says it cannot open files of that filetype  /path/XXXX.curapackage

What am I missing here?

Thanks

On 7/31/2019 at 4:51 AM, Sparrz1 said:

Nvmind, I figured it out.

Can you elaborate on what you did?  I've tried to drag this into my open Cura application.  I get an error that Cura can't open the .curapackage file.

Hello,
I`ve got same problem -
4.0 cura - everything is fine
4.2 & 4.2.1 - plugin intalls from marketplace and no "connect to octoprint" button appears
And dragging curapackage file to cura do nothing but "This package will be installed after restarting"
image.thumb.png.32b9bf20ca72b237cf8a4407bbaa5afa.pngimage.png.afff806e623cbe83fb54b3d16b519c15.pngimage.png.1184ed00e5cda22f15632b2ba104da47.png

I am having the same issue. after dropping the file the message" this package will be installed after restating" but there is not button to connect.

I'm still having issues adding these to CURA.  I've reinstalled Cura a handful of times.  MAC install here . Error is shown below.  Any insight would be appreciated.

Screen Shot 2019-08-02 at 6.49.24 AM.png

The update is available on the Marketplace now. No need to use the curapackage anymore.

Hi there! Just today I could connect to read and respond .. Thanks for the answers ... I will download the new appimage and try. Regards!

I have the 4.2.1 and the latest Octoprint plugin.  However, when I print, it no longer allows me to cancel a job from the MONITOR screen like it used to. Please advise!

What happens when you press Cancel?

Posted (edited) · Octoprint plugin does not connect

There was no "cancel".  It is as if it "queue'd" the job or lost connection.  I had to use the web version to cancel the print.

Note that on my Creality 10 5s, it had me download a new version of the plugin and it now monitors and allows me to Abort Print.  The real victory here is that I can actually PRINT on this device.  Upgrading to Cura 4.2.1 has cost me considerable time troubleshooting (oops).  I thought it was the PI, and rebuilt it, cleared Cura completely and reinstalled EVERYTHING (including plugins) until I found your comment about the new fix for 4.2.1.  By the way... I LOVE the plugin, etc.   Nice work!  I think my problem was changing "too many things" at a time (new printer, new Cura, new PI, etc).   I will test this with my Ender 3 and that PI to see if it still works there, but I want to finish my first actual print job on the 10 first (I know I can start another Cura... but with my luck this week, I'll wait!)

Thanks for the response and great coding efforts.   (btw... I looked a your website..... I think I might have something you'll like....  We can talk offline if you like)

Edited by 3in1frame

Note that the new Octoprint fixed the above issue.

However, I have a NEW issue.  When using the new PLUGIN and the PI, I get a KILLED message on the screen of the Creality and a HALTED message from Cura.  If I print via USB I dont' get this.  Any ideas?  If you tell me where to get "logs" or anything that can help, I would be happy to do so.  

How about if you manually upload and print the gcode file via the browser interface? I would like to know if it is my plugin, or OctoPrint itself.

On 8/10/2019 at 1:37 AM, ahoeben said:

How about if you manually upload and print the gcode file via the browser interface? I would like to know if it is my plugin, or OctoPrint itself.

Well, I tried this and didn't even get that far.  Pressing CONNECT in Octoprint caused the errors.  I will try it again in "safe mode" when I get a chance.  However, I would think it's Octoprint and have listed the issue on their website.

Ok, if the web interface won't work, then neither will the OctoPrint Connection plugin in Cura.