SmileyNeil

Cura 4.2 won't start on windows 10 64-bit

Posted · Cura 4.2 won't start on windows 10 64-bit

I just updated to Cura 4.2 on windows 10 home 64-bit (build 17134.885).  It won't start.  I don't even get the splash screen, just a flicker of something on the task bar, 5 seconds of hourglass and then nothing.  I initially got this with 3.6, 4.0 and 4.1, but they worked after I switched them to windows 8 compatability mode.  That trick doesn't work for Cura 4.2.   Any ideas how to solve this?

Cheers.

Same here. I've tried everything that comes to mind to get it started with no results. Surprisingly, if I open the Task Manager, there is an instance of Cura.exe running. I've tried to stop it and start againg, but it doesn't work.

Same here.  I was on a chat with https://ultimakernasupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us# and they had me run a dxdiag report.  Sometimes cura will run after I run this report, but not always.  I have the best luck right clicking on the icon and choose more/run as administrator.  Even though run as administrator is checked in the properties.  But this is far from a fix.  On Monday I am going to open another chat with them to see if there is anything else they can do to help.

Hope what I have stated helps open cura for you.  I, myself am a newbie.  I have only had my printer for a week now.

I'll post back after I chat with support again on Monday.

Chip

Posted (edited) · Cura 4.2 won't start on windows 10 64-bit

I think I just solved this problem. I've been fighting with it for 3 days.

I have run the compatibility troubleshooter and it has recommended Windows 8 compatibility.

I now have it running.

It did change some settings in my active profile which it adopted from my 4.1 config. It changed line width and speeds.

Edited by Stuarts
Correcting error

3 hours ago, Stuarts said:

I think I just solved this problem. I've been fighting with it for 3 days.

I have run the compatibility troubleshooter and it has recommended Windows 8.1 compatibility.

I now have it running.

It did change some settings in my active profile which it adopted from my 4.1 config. It changed line width and speeds.

Thanks for the info, however, I don't have a Win 8.1 compatibility  listed.  How did you get that option?

Thank you.

Chip

That should read win 8. I edited it in my original post,  but forgot about the other posts that I replied to. 

Have you tried running it as administrator? You might have some permission problems. I have never had to run in compatibility mode.

Hi Everyone,

I just spent a long time in a chat with https://ultimakernasupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us# and thus far, seem to have a fix.  

1-Close Cura if you have it open

2-uncheck the "Send (Anonymous) print information, in the general setting in Cura settings. (See attached)

3-go to... this PC/Windows (C:)/Users/<usernamer>/Appdata/Local and delete the Cura folder

4-go to... this PC/Windows (C:)/Users/<usernamer>/Appdata/Roaming and delete the Cura folder

**You will have to reconfig your printer

5-Make sure that you are opening the program as an admin.

If has worked for me so far, but time will tell.  I hope this helps others out.

Chip

Cura Settings.png