Jackelol

Woke up to this today

Posted (edited) · Woke up to this today

IMG_20190802_091543.thumb.jpg.3ce94efa07d0e8157de2009b34451538.jpgthumbnail_IMG_20190802_091550.thumb.jpg.c034d4ce829831ce29addc16fe7ff972.jpg

There are scratches everywhere but I am mostly worried about getting rid of that blob of PLA. I tried heating the printcore up to 210C for 10 minutes but to no avail. 

Any ideas of how to get rid of it without damaging any vital parts?

thumbnail_IMG_20190802_091550.jpg

IMG_20190802_091543.jpg

Edited by Jackelol

Posted · Woke up to this today

If just heating up the core is not enough, try it with a heat gun to carefully soften the filament. I would start at lower temperature and increase it step by step just to that temperature which is working.

• Like 1

I've used Euro-Claddings Quick Paint Remover to soften up PLA (as a last resort).

I believe it's banned in the EU. You might try something similar like Bardahl Gasget and Paint Stripper.

Lol something calledd Euro-Cladding and is banned in EU 😛

I´ve had this happen to me on my ultimaker 2... Heat gun did the job very well. However I had to replace the temp sensor sinse it got damaged in the progress of removing pla blob..

11 hours ago, robson said:

Lol something calledd Euro-Cladding and is banned in EU 😛

Yes, I suppose that is kinda funny 😛 The stuff works like a charm but I guess it's just a little too aggresive for us overprotected europeans.

I also cleaned up my core with a heat gun first but couldn't get rid of the burnt bits. This stuff did. 😛