Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
tyham6903

Anet A8 print is leaning forward!

Posted · Anet A8 print is leaning forward!

Hey this is my first post here about any 3D printing so stick with me. I currently have an Anet A8 and in the beginning it all printed fine and almost perfectly but now the prints are constantly leaning forward and messing up. I have made sure that all of the little grub screws holding the pulley on the y-motor are tight and the belt is all tight. I have also made sure the screws holding the pulley on the x-motors and the belt were tight. I have recently updated the firmware on the printer and nothing changed. Is there anything I could be missing?

-Tyler Hamrick

Posted · Anet A8 print is leaning forward!
  • Slipping pulleys or gears or belts can cause the print to slightly shift and start leaning. Tighten pulleys/gears/belts to stop this happening. ( as you explain , you do it )

• Friction along the axis might cause it to lose steps. Just a few steps here and there, enough to make it lean. Clean and lubricate the axis so there’s no friction.

• A misaligned printer frame or bed will result in a leaning print as well, check everything is as straight as possible.

• Check Current in your stepper drivers and tune it acording motor datasheet.

for the rest look on facebook , reedit, amino for other group about Anet because you are on ultimaker forums here , there is an example forum you can get more help https://www.3dprintingforum.org/anet 😉