iMarioo

Cura wont slice full model, loses detail

Posted · Cura wont slice full model, loses detail

I'm trying to print this model of a stadium I found then modified.
When I put it into cura, on the prepare screen it shows up fine but when sliced it doesn't slice the entire base, or any detail, really.

I understand if it couldn't get perfect detail but this is no detail!

For example, when slicing, it shows it printing out the field that I made but then it all gets covered up.. Weird

Please Help!

(Attached are the model, screen when 'preparing' and then the sliced view)

Prepare.PNG

Preview.PNG

Campin v2.stl

I'm also guessing that simplifyin the model will help, as it is full of useless triangles etc but I have had no luck doing this in Fusion 360.

If so, could someone help me with that?

Just looking at your pictures, it is clear there are problems with the model. At a minimum, the normals are wrong—that’s why all the red is displayed. I suspect there is also internal geometry which probably is why the field gets covered.

try searching the the web for “decimate STL file” 

Also see this thread for some suggestions on fixing files:

1 hour ago, johnse said:

Just looking at your pictures, it is clear there are problems with the model. At a minimum, the normals are wrong—that’s why all the red is displayed. I suspect there is also internal geometry which probably is why the field gets covered.

try searching the the web for “decimate STL file” 

Also see this thread for some suggestions on fixing files:

I figured out that there was a problem with the STL file and spent a good portion of last night using stl fixer websites and tools but with only some luck.

Some repaired it but lost the hard edges and made everything jiggly instead, some didn't work at all, and some fixed majority but messed up on the field.

I'm currently trying a small print of the "best" one that I have and I'll see what goes on from there.

Good luck.

You might have better luck using the model in Fusion 360 more as a guide to rebuilding it as a solid model design there. Sort of the 3D equivalent of onion paper tracings in 2D artwork.