kmanstudios

Uncle Creepy

Posted · Uncle Creepy

I can see where I need to improve so much. This is the second drawing I did. I still cannot sculpt in 3D. One of the reasons I am using this style to draw in is that it requires a lot of planning for positive and negative space as well as eye hand control. The planning is what makes it take so long at this time. I can only work so long before I have to stop. It is frustrating. This piece took a week to draw. It is not large and a year ago I could have done this drawing in a day. In other things, if I can fine one paint brush I misplaced, I will be finishing up my "Duck Vader." It is almost done as well.

Pen-N-Ink_001.thumb.jpg.9ac9a7c265785aa0f85f7ab827f6ac6c.jpg

Sigh...so much to work on.......

Posted · Uncle Creepy

Nice, my drawings also take ages because they are shaded by pressing the pen very lightly and one mistake and its all ruined. I like that ethic. no errors. its how I like things to go, lol. 3D sculpting is exactly like drawing for me, its just you need to find a brush that suits your style, i found the square build up brush served me well because it gave hard edges and make massive changes. Great for sihouetting forms out. but theres no escaping tedious parts as well. I had to learn how to sculpt tentacles and wings for my latest project. I went the wrong way about it but im sure ill make an octopus at some point in the future so ill try more methods later. Ill try and remove the support when i get back.... I have a feeling the wings could break off as they are very thin.

I would suggest getting a portable wacom, as I have sculpted pretty much evertything I have ever done on my sofa. I work on a compter all day at work. Sitting in a chair facing a desk and monitor is not something i look forward to anymore. But each to their own! Owning a 3D printer forced me to learn 3d sculpting, and I hate learning new programmes.