Cancel a Job in the Print Queue

Posted · Cancel a Job in the Print Queue

I accidentally sent a job to my print queue with the wrong material settings, so the printer is telling me I need to change filaments. I don't want to change material, so I re-sent the same job with the correct material, but the printer still won't print because it's waiting on me to change material for the first job I sent. I can't figure out how to simply cancel the first job...

How hard can this be? This seems like a really basic and common function that shouldn't be this difficult to find? Did Ultimaker seriously overlook this?

Any advice?

• 2 months later...
    Posted (edited) · Cancel a Job in the Print Queue

I'm having the same issue. Tried turning the printer on and off again, but the print jobs are still in the Cura Cloud with the first job wanting me to change to Black PLA instead of the Tough PLA that I have.

Update: I found that the vertical ellipse (3 dots) button used to delete was not available at first, but when I came back later, the button to delete was enabled. This button was available in the printer queue under the Monitor tab (desktop) and to the right of each print job record in both Cura and Cura Cloud online.

Edited by stemwerx

You should indeed be able to cancel a job, but I am not sure if you can cancel it when the change filament message is shown. Normally you can override this message, then the printer ignores the filament and then cancel the job.

You should be able to see you queued prints in the "monitor" tab in Cura. Or under print jobs in Cura connect click on the three dots in the right side and remove it there.

Cura

01.thumb.png.5f7a0da06a198792a9668e199b14dfa1.png

Cura Connect

02.thumb.png.92971ec13e029086f6059dbf06143031.png

I'm having the same type of issue. My S5 is hung from an aborted print yet when I go to manage the only option I get is to duplicate print job. There is no option to delete.

I have tried queing up another job to no avail.

Rebooted with same result. Firmware update same result. Machine has turned into a brick.

Any suggestions on where to go from here?

• Like 1

Same issue. And seems quite an annoying bug: I CANNOT DO ANYTHING! BRICKED at the moment.

I loaded Ultimaker CPE+ Black and - as usual - NFC does NOT work, so I had to manually select Generic CPE+ from printer menu, while the correct filament in Cura...

As you can see I cannot delete online or in Cura. Only duplicate the job!

Already tried to reset the printer two times. 

My firmware is the latest stable... so cannot understand Cura "suggestion" to update the firmware to update the queue remotely... Cura is latest 4.6.0.

PLEASE SUPPORT!

325443068_Screenshot2020-04-26at01_49_17.thumb.png.1e946e6c3cffaa07f38cffadf34ce066.png65280300_Screenshot2020-04-26at01_48_42.thumb.png.3a7e106a43c46acfadfcebc7102e9e26.png

Edited by gmeardi

On 4/16/2020 at 9:14 PM, Ritualz said:

I'm having the same type of issue. My S5 is hung from an aborted print yet when I go to manage the only option I get is to duplicate print job. There is no option to delete.

I have tried queing up another job to no avail.

Rebooted with same result. Firmware update same result. Machine has turned into a brick.

Any suggestions on where to go from here?

Did you come to a solution?

I was stucked with Cura/online wifi printer management...

But I find a couple of workarounds:

(1) only way to print is via USB with gcode.

(2) after I found that the iOS app (!!) was able to delete the stucked printing processes!

Nonetheless there's a bug in Cura and a bug on the web portal...

Ciao

Edited by gmeardi

The "solution" I have found is to run "Reset Cura Connect".   I believe it was under the maintenance tab after firmware update.

I do still have some connectivity issues with the camera ,  I work from home so it does becomesa bit of an issue when I cannot monitor.

They do seem to have some interface issues, the fairly regular updates both soft and firm, seem to indicate that. Heres to hoping 

they figure out what is actually going on. Ideamaker on my Raised 3D connects flawlessly, I hope they get to that quickly.

I can confirm that the problem is there with an UM3

* Cura 4.6.1

* Firmware is 5.2.11.20190503

Just ran in the same symptoms than user @gmeardi, except I can not recall aborting a print job. Instead I had removed a job and forgot to confirm that I had it removed. It stood like that for a couple of hours.

I reseted Cura Connect at the printer, then it rebooted and the blocking print in the queue was gone. With this I could continue to print.

• Like 1

This is so annoying, the issue still exists for the UM3 printer...

You can reset the printer / cloud and add it again to the digital factory...but... geez...

Come on Ultimaker! fix the missing clear printcue button for the UM3 Users in the cloud / digital factory!

• Like 1

Hello all, the same issue here. Please add the delete job in queue... Thanks !

Found a solution.. Slice a print job, then click Preview, then click Monitor, then you can see the cue.. Now you can delete the job that's hung up in the cue..