TimDemp

Disable print removed confirmation message

Posted · Disable print removed confirmation message

Hello,

Is there any way to disable the print removed confirmation message on the ultimaker 3? I never forget to remove my print but do forget to press the confirmation message sometimes, as it takes some time to appear. And the next print i send via wifi won't start after i press the message. Maybe there is a way via ssh to disable it? Or at least a way to confirm it remotely?

20190901_135801.thumb.jpg.3cfd246ec1662758cba5336c18553822.jpg

• Like 1

It is a safety feature to prevent starting a print when possibly an object is still present on the build plate, this would cause mayhem.

For the above reason we never created a way to overrule this feature but more requests are coming in, so perhaps in a future firmware update...

How daring are you to make changes on the printer itself? Since you mention SSH I assume you have some Linux knowledge?

On the printer is a configuration file where you can make low level changes, but there is no official support for this modification.

In the file /usr/share/griffin/griffin/machines/um3.json there is at line 149:

"PRINT": ["print.printProcedure.PrintProcedure"],

Change this to

"PRINT": ["print.printProcedure.PrintProcedure", "cleanup_step": "false"],

THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL SUPPORTED CHANGE! 

In fact, I don't have a printer here and didn't test it working.

• Like 1

Unfortunately the modification does not work.

Screenshot4.thumb.png.388cb8289994219a925897a7e4f4905a.png

The clickwheel led keeps blinking and the printer won't boot. After removing the extra value the printer boots up again. The printer has the latest firmware (5.2.11.20190503).

I do understand the importance of the warning, especially for more chaotic places like schools or workplaces where more than 1 person is using the machine. But for me it is only an extra step that makes my workflow more difficult and time consuming.

Sorry to hear the modification didn't work.

Instead of posting another change that might not work either, you'll have to wait for me to return home later this week. Perhaps I can figure out another change but want to test it out on my machine first.