Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Help! My mainboard straight up burned.

Posted · Help! My mainboard straight up burned.

I have an ultimaker 2+ for around 3 years. Today it suddenly stuck while printing and I got the error Z switch stuck. After some troubleshooting I took a look onto my mainboard and found that the part of the Z controller just burned. The rest of the mainboard is still working. I need the printer working again asap. It had 1432 hours of printing, and was on for around 2000 hours. Any idea why that happened? What should I do next, is it able to be repaired? Do I have to buy an overpriced 350 Euro mainboard? You could buy a very very good elegoo mars for it. Fuck, i'm young and I am not the richest. I intented to sell some prints on a market next week. I guess I won't. Any ideas why that happened or what I should do? Fast answers are appreciated.

102_1070.JPG

102_1074.JPG

102_1078.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
    Posted · Help! My mainboard straight up burned.

The Source of the burn looks like the Y/Z axis before I would do anything I would find the reason for the burn to start with, well made electrics parts don't short out like that without a reason (most of the time) so just replacing the board could release the magic blue smoke again.

Just from the photo looks like a cap blew and maybe one or more of the stepper drivers

• Like 1