Ultimaker Cura 4.3 released

Guest maht

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Cura 4.3 released

Hi everyone,

Yesterday Ultimaker Cura 4.3 was released publicly. We'd love to hear what you think, so let us know here.

Find out about more features in the blog.

Reporting bugs

Bugs (that are clearly bugs) are best posted on our GitHub issues page. Talking about "This isn't doing what I want it to do" is perfectly okay in the forum, right here. 

When reporting a bug, please fill in the issue template and provide logs.

We hope you enjoy this release!

hero-headphonestand.jpg

Edited by maht
wrong link to post

Hi

After I have updated Cura to 4.3.0 version I saw one weird issue. This is Z height before the printer start print. I don't know how to explain this but I will try. Before update the nozzle is lifting up to eg. 15mm and starting moving to central point of bed. Now the nozzle rise up to 0,7mm and then goes to the center. I see the difference in gcode file. Please see below the line "G1 F600 Z0.7". Before update the line was 15mm. I don't see any additional settings at "Printer settings" in Cura. Can you help me with change that coodinates? Why it is change automatically after Cura version update?

Thanks for help 🙂

M117 Printing...
    G92 E0
    G92 E0
    G1 F3000 E-1
    ;LAYER_COUNT:122
    ;LAYER:0
    M107
    G1 F600 Z0.7
    G0 F3000 X92.018 Y103.111 Z0.7
    Edited by k0nradz

Posted · Ultimaker Cura 4.3 released

Mari, yes i have checked. There is no changes between this two cura versions.

Tried to make conical support with no success with 2 different (and pretty simple) part, when i enable conical support, all support  disappear completly, without conical support are ok (but a lot...) 

Standard value 30° and 5 mm, 50° ovehang

With the 2 same parts, same values and same custom printer no problem with cura 4.0.0

Edited by marcottt

Having a problem also.

Normally my nozzle will move to the left bring the bed to about 30mm and purge.

Then makes it way to the skirt and prints.

Now it moves and purges, but then moves the bed to Z0.05 and then to the skirt.

This is causing that purged filament to get drag onto the print area.

I have checked my old and new gcodes.

4.2 simply has a G0 line with XYZ coordinates.

Cura 4.3 has a line with G1 feedrate Z0.05

Then the G1 coordinate code.

There is nothing in my starting gcode that would cause this. This is all from just the update.

Hi all,

is there really no solution for this issue? I mean it is super stupid to move the nozzle into the purged material...

Cheers,

Joerg

I guess most users are using Marlin and not Ulticode, so the issue does not occur because they use their own start code.

1 hour ago, Smithy said:

I guess most users are using Marlin and not Ulticode, so the issue does not occur because they use their own start code.

Still should be fix since alot of users have an ulitmaker and will use ulticode

On 11/10/2019 at 11:35 PM, xile6 said:

Still should be fix since alot of users have an ulitmaker and will use ulticode

Has nothing to do if Ultimaker printer or not, I use Marlin for my UM2 printers to have more flexibility (i.e. material settings in Cura vs. on the printer)

2 hours ago, Smithy said:

Has nothing to do if Ultimaker printer or not, I use Marlin for my UM2 printers to have more flexibility (i.e. material settings in Cura vs. on the printer)

I also use marlin on my um2 for different things. And prusaslicer time to time.

Just saying cura is made by ultimaker.

They should have there basic fix.

1 hour ago, xile6 said:

They should have there basic fix.

Absolutely.