chilicoke

How do I add a platform mesh model to a printer added from "Add a non-network printer > custom"?

Posted (edited) · How do I add a platform mesh model to a printer added from "Add a non-network printer > custom"?

So one of my favorite Cura feature is User Specified Z Seam Alignment feature, however it is a pain to use because you basically have to count the grid lines to find your X/Y coordinates.

To help find these coordinates easier, I realized I could simply modify my printer's (Taz 6) platform mesh STL found under resources/meshes to have integrated labels, which works very well. 

Now I want to use some of the new features in newest Cura 4.3 with my Taz 6 because Lulzbot Edition Cura is still stuck in 3.6. For some reason Lulzbot printers are not pre-defined under Add a Printer menu in 4.3, so I had to add one as Custom printer.

As far as I can tell, Cura does not generate a def.json file under resources/definition when a printer is added as a custom printer. How do I go about adding a custom platform mesh to this "custom" printer within Cura?

Lulzbot Taz 6 bedpng.png

Edited by chilicoke

Posted · How do I add a platform mesh model to a printer added from "Add a non-network printer > custom"?

The json file is located in the user configuration folder and not in the application folder.

You can find the path via Cura Help menu -> Show Configuration Folder. There should be a definition subfolder.

All user modified settings are saved in this configuration folder and not in the generic one.

Posted (edited) · How do I add a platform mesh model to a printer added from "Add a non-network printer > custom"?

I see it, thank you very much. 

I poked around and it doesn't seem to follow the same resources\meshes structure, how do I go about pointing my settings to display my platform mesh?

Thanks again. 

Edit: I've managed to create a working def.json under resources/definition and got my platform mesh working. Still curious if it's possible to do it with a custom printer profile. Thanks!

Edited by chilicoke

Posted · How do I add a platform mesh model to a printer added from "Add a non-network printer > custom"?
7 hours ago, chilicoke said:

Still curious if it's possible to do it with a custom printer profile.

It isn't possible with the Custom FFF Printer.

yes is a stupid thing... use a mash for printer is useful to see front and rear printer so i can rotate and see when it print particolar critics zone...