Update to 5.4.6 broke wiFi

Imperator

Posted (edited) · Update to 5.4.6 broke wiFi

2 Days ago, I updated my S5 to Firmware 5.4.2

2 Problems:

1) Absolute no chance to connect to WiFi (In Setup WiFi Button is gray and not selectabel)

2) After Print, the Printer retracts Filament about 1cm. On the netx print job the printer does not remember this, and there is no material for the first layer. On each Print I have do feed manual the filamet for about 1cm to the core

Any idear?

Thanks, Christoph

Edited by Imperator

Posted · Update to 5.4.6 broke wiFi

For 2) I personally i always have it print a prime blob and skirt, that way you know you always get good flow on the first layer.

For 1) my S5 is printing right now so can not see of mines the same, but it does seem like it drops in and out abit.

Thank´s, of course I use blob and skirt, but since the update, this ist not enought. I must manualy feed the filamet to the core before each print ;-(

I understand, you use 5.4.2 without any WiFi problems?

Thanks, Christoph

Posted (edited) · Update to 5.4.6 broke wiFi
    3 hours ago, Imperator said:

Thank´s, of course I use blob and skirt, but since the update, this ist not enought. I must manualy feed the filamet to the core before each print ;-(

I understand, you use 5.4.2 without any WiFi problems?

Thanks, Christoph

I’m using WiFi but it does seem to have small drop outs, I have spotted sometimes the app will not find the printer or will lose it but then it don’t take found till it finds it.

Cura is the same sometimes the send print via network will turn to save as file for a number of secs, not really anything that’s stopping me from using the printer.

also seen that when import model into Cura it pops up a message saying the models been edited and do you want to reload it but that’s more a Cura big with latest version and you just let it go away from the screen.

Did you do a reset at all after the firmware update btw? I make it a habit to do a Cura connect reset after I update firmware, note you will lose your print queue when you do it.

Edited by Carla_Birch

I did reset everything after update. Problem is, the in the Printer Setup Menu the Option WiFi ist not able to activate. It is grey color. Only Ethernet can be turned on/off. So I have no chance to activate Wifi Setup. It ist not a Problem during working with WiFi. Since Update, I can not activate WiFi in the Setup Menu.

thanks 😉

Christoph

12 hours ago, Imperator said:

I did reset everything after update. Problem is, the in the Printer Setup Menu the Option WiFi ist not able to activate. It is grey color. Only Ethernet can be turned on/off. So I have no chance to activate Wifi Setup. It ist not a Problem during working with WiFi. Since Update, I can not activate WiFi in the Setup Menu.

thanks 😉

Christoph

When you turn Ethernet off, can you then turn on the Wifi?

I'm having the sam issue with no filament coming out at the start of the print. Its kinda ironic that this update is primarily for a continuous printing solution (the new material box) and now I'm having to baby sit the start of prints like it was a Creality machine. 

For anyone like me manually extruding for the first time on an S5, its either in the print core or material section, the three dots and select move, then hit the down arrow, I had to do it about 10 times before I started getting any filament juicing out.

Hopefully we can get this Creality Emulator feature removed soon, hmmmm

Please report the issues with the retract and that it is not extruding from the start of a new print, to your reseller. This is the official way to report bugs and the reseller has to report it back to Ultimaker. That's the best way to get it fixed soon.

Cheers for the info Smithy, I will do.

On 10/6/2019 at 9:21 AM, Imperator said:

2 Days ago, I updated my S5 to Firmware 5.4.2

2 Problems:

1) Absolute no chance to connect to WiFi (In Setup WiFi Button is gray and not selectabel)

2) After Print, the Printer retracts Filament about 1cm. On the netx print job the printer does not remember this, and there is no material for the first layer. On each Print I have do feed manual the filamet for about 1cm to the core

Any idear?

Thanks, Christoph

I have never seen problem 1, except when  a print is running, or the buildplate still has to be cleaned, could that be the case?

Problem 2 will be fixed in the next release, we did also pull the 5.4.x  update for unrelated reasons so you could go back to 5.2.11.  This might also be a fix for you @geetee ?

Thank You,

Problem 1 WiFi: I did everything, did several Firmware Up and Downgrades, Reset Printer 3 times, reset Ultimaker Connect 2 Times, printing about 20 print Jobs the last 10 days - no Wifi Button aktiv in the Setup , still gray

Problem 2: Downgrading to firmware 5.2x solves Problem with retracting - waiting for new Update.

Thanks, Christoph

yes, thankfully I have no more issues with the retracting with the roll backed Firmware, thanks