Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
naz72

Ultimaker-2 Major problems.

In the picture it looks like under-extrusion.

but its painfully slow, only now I appreciate the Ultimaker 1.

Raise the temp to 240C. It works wonders. And as Daid says, lower the fan speed until you've printed the first 5 or 10mm. You know you can change speed and temp *while* it is printing right? If printing from SD card you can do that with the knob on the UM. If printing from Cura you can do both of those in the cura print window.

In the picture it looks like under-extrusion.

Raise the temp to 240C. It works wonders. And as Daid says, lower the fan speed until you've printed the first 5 or 10mm. You know you can change speed and temp *while* it is printing right? If printing from SD card you can do that with the knob on the UM. If printing from Cura you can do both of those in the cura print window.

Yes gr5, thank you.

Temp raised to 240c also first 3 layers fan is off. lets see now at 0.2 layer height & 240c if I can speed it up once the first 2 layers are done, cause its too slow.

Sander: Can I take you on that offer ? please send someone to pick this printer & replace it for me, also I would really appreciate it if you can actually test the one you are going to send vigorously or maybe ship me the older version Ultimaker 1 better & refund me the rest please.

I'm don't here.

Dhaid please watch your attitude, I am the one having issues & if you don't have anything useful to say than just don't say anything.

I can live with the consistent misspelling of my name.

But I did add a useful bit of information there about cooling which can be quite important if you have extrusion issues.

I also added a minor bit of information between brackets. That I learned 2 years ago when I struggled with my own UM kit, and nobody really knew much of anything about printing with the UM. So I did my best to absorb the collective knowledge on PLA printing on the Ultimaker from the people online, and put that knowledge into Cura.

But you are free to ignore my advice, after all, what do I know, I'm only human.

(0.3mm layer printing comes from RepRaps printing with ABS on a 0.5mm nozzle, which is a whole different world from printing with PLA at 0.4mm nozzle. As the nozzle is 36% smaller in hole area, and ABS and PLA act very different from each other) <- see, in brackets, side info.

Got the gcode, thanks. The file looks ok - it is 0.3mm layers, at 50mm/s, and whatever temperature you have set in the controller on the printer.

I'd definitely print this with 0.2mm layers, rather than any thicker. That's going to give you a better finish, better layer adhesion, and probably not affect the print speed overall (given that you should be able to print faster at thinner layers).

Interestingly, this is the first UM2 gcode I've looked at... was a little freaked at first until I realized that the E coordinates are now in mm³ of plastic, not linear mm of filament.

Not happy, really, I placed an order for Makerbot 2, since I needed two machine to work in parallel & that was my 1st choice but went with the Ultimaker 2. I have already the older Ultimaker & now this, so its time to compare in real world tests.

will provide updates as I go along, since I'm a little ticked off right now to work on the printer, hopefully another day 7 another better luck :-P

here its some issues to compare as well enjoy the video......

http://youtu.be/zBBBBXCqX9E

Before I pack the printer I decided to print with some ABS & see how it goes, well after a little messing around & not having much luck getting it the way It should, I decided to use the Awesome feature of changing material built in the printer to retract the ABS material so I can pack it, well its kept crashing with TEMP ERROR, simply because the default temp for ABS is set @280C or at least that's what I am assuming.

So word of advice if you guys what to use your Ultimaker 2 for ABS, please be prepared for this..

You listening Dhaid !?? so much for "Change Material" feature

null_zpse7e7166f.jpg

Hi Naser,

As much as I appreciate you given us feedback from your experience with the Ultimaker and I understand the level of frustration you are experiencing when you received a damaged machine. I think it is also fair to underline you currently have a damaged machine, which is not working like it should. Therefore it should also not be treated like it is working like they all do. The current condition of your Ultimaker is an individual exception, and like we agreed I am going to sent you a new Ultimaker² to replace your machine.

sandervG

I have had a ticket in for my new ultimaker 2 with the 3rd fan not working since last friday and no one has responded, i have also posted in this forum for adive and no one from ultimaker has responded ?

I also have the 280C error for ABS

Support for me has been non exsistant on a £2000 machine !!!!!!!

I have also now boxed up my ultimaker 2 and have UPS picking it up today...

Before I pack the printer I decided to print with some ABS & see how it goes, well after a little messing around & not having much luck getting it the way It should, I decided to use the Awesome feature of changing material built in the printer to retract the ABS material so I can pack it, well its kept crashing with TEMP ERROR, simply because the default temp for ABS is set @280C or at least that's what I am assuming.

So word of advice if you guys what to use your Ultimaker 2 for ABS, please be prepared for this..

You listening Dhaid !?? so much for "Change Material" feature

Known bug, already reported, fix will be released on monday. This update will also fix the "SD-Card read error" problems, as well as allowing you to save custom material presets in your machine.

(Workaround, after selecting ABS, goto "customize" and dial down the temperature to 260C)

sandervG

I have had a ticket in for my new ultimaker 2 with the 3rd fan not working since last friday and no one has responded, i have also posted in this forum for adive and no one from ultimaker has responded ?

Thanks for the reply.

I understand you have not been in touch with Marrit, so you have decided to sent it back on your own initiative. Before you are going to sent it back I would like to talk your situation over. If we come to the conclusion there is a defect I can arrange a pick up for you so you don't have any costs. But as you may understand we can not have everyone sending things back. It would be chaos and things would get lost.

I hope you understand, thanks.

sandervG

You buy from imakr right, why Dont you tell theirs first maybe its an easy/quick option as a resellers theirs must be responsable about the products their sale.

Now someone wants to listen...

Dont worry about it getting lost i am shipping it back to your uk distribitor for them to deal with prehaps they will get a better response from ultimaker through there channels.

Ticket: MFG-882-45889

Nachokaos

Correct i did, but you would expect the manufature to support there product through the correct channels of there support system....

Hi Cory,

I am always willing to listen, but I missed or overlooked your post . So my apologies if you did not get a reply. I hope you understand it was not intentional.

I will make sure you get a reply today and so we can solve your issue. Thank you for understanding.

Known bug, already reported, fix will be released on monday. This update will also fix the "SD-Card read error" problems, as well as allowing you to save custom material presets in your machine.

(Workaround, after selecting ABS, goto "customize" and dial down the temperature to 260C)

Think the printer will be put to bed until Monday as I am getting the SD error message far to often.

wrench SD card fail