scott_dodd

Cura 4.3.0 Measuring Tool Extension

Posted · Cura 4.3.0 Measuring Tool Extension

I am trying to see if there are any tool extensions for Cura 4.3.0 that allow you to measure certain points of your project in case you need to diagnose a problem with the project relating to its thickness or length, etc. This way you can check it too see if it's a Cura setting or you need  to go back to the drawing board. Not a extremely important extension, just a quick tool to point you in the right direction. I haven't seen any and just thought of this.  Don't really know if or how useful it may be.  Thanks in advance for any help....  I only have 6 months experience with 3D printing and designing.

If you click on a part you can see the bounding box in X,y, and Z.  That's usually good enough for me to check that the dimensions are about right (or even exactly right).

I second scott's request.  depending on what you are printed the bounding box is not enough.