Where do you set nozzle size in 4.3?

sealyons

Posted · Where do you set nozzle size in 4.3?

I'm using Cura 4.3 and can't seem to find where you set your nozzle size.  I see a nozzle size option under the Material selection at the top of the screen but I can only select a material, the nozzle size drop down doesn't do anything (clicking the carrot doesn't display anything).  Is there some other place you need to go to set the nozzle size you're using?  Appreciate any help.

'  

It's "line width".  There is no nozzle size anymore.  In practice, for a 0.4mm nozzle you can set line width from around .35 to around .5mm.  I accidentally set it to 0.8 for a 0.4mm nozzle and the part actually came out pretty good.  Anyway, I recommend you set line width equal to your nozzle width.  UM/Cura often recommends a smaller line width than the nozzle (around 7/8ths I think).  I disagree.  Somewhat strongly.  Unless you are trying to print thin walls like an architects model of a house.

• 1 year later...

When I change Line Width to 0.2, the field into which I enter it (along with a whole lot other fields that are changed automatically to 0.2) becomes orange. Why does this happen? If I print with a 0.2 mm nozzle, a line width of 0.2 mm should be perfectly fine, right?

Also, when I hover the mouse cursor over the "Line Width" setting, the popup text says "Affected By: * Nozzle Diameter". So, if there isn't any nozzle size anymore, why does this text say that the line width affected by the nozzle diameter? Has the setting changed name from "Nozzle Size" to "Nozzle Diameter"? And where can I find that setting? I'm using Cura 4.10.0.

@krikru What printer are we talking about?  There are definition files, extruder files, and nozzle "variant" files.  Something in one of them might be overriding settings.

If a setting turns orange it will be OK to slice (whereas if it is red it won't slice).  I agree that a .2 line width for a .2 nozzle should not be a warning.

I use AHoeben's plugin for the SideBarGUI and with it installed in 4.10 the nozzles are here...

Untitled1.thumb.png.7fd277d6b31e0ef5715cf50964c22824.png

In 4.6 it's in a drop down available in the Prepare screen when you click on the material/nozzle button.  I think that's also the default location in 4.10.

Untitled.thumb.png.b198c879b7e960ff3b5525f9c6accf3d.png

Let us know the printer manufacturer and model though.  I think there might be something going on in the definition files (which are provided by the printer manufacturer).

Reviving an older post, I know. I'm using a LK5 Pro, the nozzle drop down box only gives me the 0.4mm option. In machine settings there isn't an option to change it in there also. I am under the impression that this printer is basically a copy of a CR-10S, which DOES give me nozzle size options. Seems there are g-code differences between Longer and Creality that would cause problems. Or is there a way to ,ake a completely custom printer profile where I could set these options?

Bit late on the reply but I was having a similar issue and found that the "Printer Settings" plugin by author Field of View allows you to adjust the nozzle diameter in the sidebar settings.