sealyons

Where do you set nozzle size in 4.3?

Posted · Where do you set nozzle size in 4.3?

I'm using Cura 4.3 and can't seem to find where you set your nozzle size.  I see a nozzle size option under the Material selection at the top of the screen but I can only select a material, the nozzle size drop down doesn't do anything (clicking the carrot doesn't display anything).  Is there some other place you need to go to set the nozzle size you're using?  Appreciate any help.

'  

It's "line width".  There is no nozzle size anymore.  In practice, for a 0.4mm nozzle you can set line width from around .35 to around .5mm.  I accidentally set it to 0.8 for a 0.4mm nozzle and the part actually came out pretty good.  Anyway, I recommend you set line width equal to your nozzle width.  UM/Cura often recommends a smaller line width than the nozzle (around 7/8ths I think).  I disagree.  Somewhat strongly.  Unless you are trying to print thin walls like an architects model of a house.

Try preferences-printers, select printer  then machine settings-extruder