Air Manager Firmware

Gabriele

Posted · Air Manager Firmware

Hi, 

I just installed the Air Manager on my S5, looks like the firmware 5.2 doesn't support it yet.

A few days ago I saw that 5.4 was available but now seems the latest stable is the 5.2. 

What happened to the 5.4?

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed there were some problems with it, mostly with regards to print quality.

Basically we're working very hard to release a new version...

In the near future 5.4.x will introduce material station and have incomplete support for the air-manager.

Then in 5.5.x we will have the pro-bundle fully operational.

These releases are currently at the testing stage, but this may still take a while depending on what the findings are.

Hi @robinmdh!

Thanks for your post. I‘ve ordered the whole bundle, too, but I haven‘t got anything yet. Only after writing three mails I got an answer yesterday that the delivery will be delayed until mid of december! 
    As far as I pay over 10k Euros I would like to be informed much better. And it would be very good if it doesn‘t take so long.

I like Ultimaker very much and I hope not to get disappointed.

Thank you very much!

Hello, is there an official topic to be kept informed for the new firmware, so we know when the pro bundle devices are operational. 

Not a dedicated thread, but Ultimaker announces all new firmware versions here in the forum in a separate post.

Also, Cura notifies for new firmware versions of the Ultimaker printers you have installed.

any news?

I asked @SandervG in another thread if Ultimaker could at least share the connector pinout and power specification in order to use a custom controller and being able to use teh Air Manager we bought something like two months ago. Waiting for his reply, I 'll keep you posted!

thank you @Gabriele for the info

Hello together,

@SandervG wrote some days ago that they are testing the modifications that were necessary to get the new addons working. Before these tests aren't successful there won't be available anything I think. 

I deeply hope that they will ship the material station and the air manager this year, cause we already bought them and we need it!

It would be very good to hear from Ultimaker again!

Best regards!

Hello, as soon as I have an update I will let you know. Currently I have no news I can share with you yet. ( @Gabriele, I got your question. I've forwarded this as I do not know this myself. I will let you know when I hear back). 

The 5.4.24 is now online... This has a first version of the air-manager support but is more focused on the material manager...

That took a while and some effort....

I hope we didn't break your particular workflow 😄

@robinmdh thank you very much I already installed the new firmware and I saw the option of the air manager installed.

Does it have any setting in Cura or over the touch screen of the S5 or not?

I just started the first print but when it starts the air manager goes state : peak_performance...

I think something is not right... It makes a ton of noise and does let the glass plate warm up quickly

its totally stuck.. Also when I print it does not calibrate the bed any more.. Need to figure a way to go back to the previous version again...

Hi Kotsoym, thank you for your message. Can you elaborate on what you mean peak_performance? Are implying it is filtering out the heat through the fan, or diverting power from the heated bed to the air manager, given the description 'peak_performance'? Thanks! 

by the way, there are no specific features or functions available. The Air Manager knows what it is suppose to do. 

Can you give us some more information? Do you know which firmware you were on, and which firmware you updated to? 

In the menu on the display of your Ultimaker S5, it should say; Air Manager >> Installed. Does it say so? Otherwise it may not be installed correctly. 

Posted (edited) · Air Manager Firmware

Hi Sander,

i installed the new firmware 5.4.24 20191204, too. The Airmanager is noticed. The fan is running an max speed. It is horrible loud!

It seems that there is something wrong ;-(

I used Cura 4.4 to slice and send the file via network to the printer.

Edited by zungara

Hi @zungara, can you send me a recording via DM or email of the sound it is making? Can you also include some detailed pictures of how it is installed? Thanks! 

@SandervG Check the video you will understand everything ..Its working at full power without reason..

now its working full power even without printing. I have to manually disconnect because it makes a hell of a noise..
    I guess the air manager has some kind of profiles working like low - medium - full - high peak or something..

maybe the profile is stuck

IMG_4655.MOV.zip

Hi Kotsoym,

Thank you for forwarding. Let me verify the sound with our product experts. It is a little bit difficult to tell with some environment noise in the background, hood being open and depending how close the mic of your phone is. If it is not right in front of it, it doesn't sound too loud to me. 

Regarding peak_performance, this is an indicator of the quality of your filter. Peak performance means it is in best condition. A filter lasts for 1500h. At that point, the indicator 'peak performance' will change in something different. 

The Air Manager will have different settings. In this firmware release it has 1 setting, which is 100%. That means you at least will be able to start using it. In the near future, different options will be added, but I don't think they are for the user to set. The Air manager will know which material you are printing with and which fan speed belongs to this material and will switch to that speed automatically. 

@SandervG Please check also this video its a complete description from booting the printer until the problem happens..IMG_4656.MOV.zip
    I have filmed everything from cabling connections to the settings inside please check 

In my case nothing happen. This it what I get when i check on the menu after the installation

IMG_5227.MOV.zip