weaverj

Ultimaker S5 XY calibration problem with PVA

Posted · Ultimaker S5 XY calibration problem with PVA

We have two new Ultimaker S5 machines,  which comes with PLA and PVA.  When doing the XY calibration the X calibration patterns is present for both PLA and PVA, but the Y pattern there is only PLA.  The PVA is not printing in that direction.   This is happening with BOTH new printers.  It is not humid and the materials are new straight from the bag.  Any thoughts?

I tried it again and it worked for both printers.  This time I used the UHU stick.  Do you think that was the problem? Or something else I should be aware of?

I don't think it was the reason, because when the PVA was not sticking to the glass, then you should see the PVA anywhere else. So I guess it was not really extruding. Did you start the calibration right after installation of the printer? If so, then this was the reason. I heard about a problem/bug, that after the welcome setup the material could be retracted too much, that you don't have the filament at the nozzle when needed. Don't worry, this is just during the setup.