slashban

printing 2 different parts with 2 different extruders on the same plane

Posted · printing 2 different parts with 2 different extruders on the same plane

guys I have been looking for the gcode required to run 2 extruders simultaneously however not printing the same object.

to clarify i am not looking for a slicer that would do it for me (though that would be nice) i am simply looking for a gcode that would enable me to independently control both stepper motors of both extruders.

something that would resemble: E0 xx.xx, E1 xx.xx

Posted · printing 2 different parts with 2 different extruders on the same plane

Well, at first this needs a printer that supports it ("duplication mode" or whatever it is called by the manufacturer). This applies to both, the hardware and the firmware of the printer.

Given such a printer - it usually comes with a slicing software that can produce gcode for this mode.

There's no "standard" for gcode (AFAIK) - it always depends on the implementation of the manufacturer. So - you have to take a look at the gcode file that is generated by the provided software - or you can simply ask the particular manufacturer.

Posted (edited) · printing 2 different parts with 2 different extruders on the same plane

well if thats the case then shouldnt i be able to tinker around marlin to add E1 and E2 if necessary as part of the gcode that relays command to both extruders? I feel like this already exists in marlin and that i just need to understand how its laid out to get it to work.

just so you know, I am making my own printer so a manufacturer help/tip is not an option.

Edited by slashban