Ultimaker² lead time update

SandervG

Posted · Ultimaker² lead time update

Hi friends,

Last week I have frequently received the question when people could expect their Ultimaker² to ship. Which is totally understandable, I would also be very eager to get my hands on this shiny piece of technology!

As I also told most of you until now it was very difficult to get some proper insight in the individual shipping dates due to some technical IT problems, but today this has been resolved. Unfortunately, due to some unforeseen issues with a supplier we have not been totally able to keep the lead time under 2 weeks as we initially planned. My apologies for all who are inconvenienced by this.

I wrote down the following schedule and I think everybody can find his order in:

Week 44 (28-10/3-11) everything not shipped by now that was ordered from 20-9 till

Week 45 (4-11/10-11) 09-22 order date

Week 46 (11-11/17-11) between 23-9 - 30-9 order date

Week 47 (17-11/24-11) between 1-10 - 9-10 order date

Week 48 (25-11/1-12) between 10-10 - 21-10 order date

Week 49 (2-12/8-12) between 22-10 - 29-10 order date

Week 50 (9-12/15-12) between 30-10 - ...

Week 51 (16-12/22-12)

Shipments will be on Monday and Tuesday.

We are working very hard on scaling up the production department. With our current resources the lead time will be as stated above. When the up-scaling can be implemented in the actual production process you will see the lead time decreasing, so it can/will only get better. Hopefully that is a consolation for some.

I understand some may have questions or remarks and I would be happy to answer all of them. Please contact me over the forum or through our sales team.

Thank you for your time and patience.

• Replies 588
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sander,

thanks for the info. I have contacted you directly and submitted a support request. I ordered on 18.10 and successfully payed via Paypal but my order page still states "Balance due". Will the delievery for my order be made within week 48 or does it queue up at the end until the order status has been resolved?

Thanks.

I wrote down the following schedule and I think everybody can find his order in:

Thanks Sander,

I think this is what everyone was wanting, to know where they are in the queue.

Dates are bound to move as parts come in early or others late, so please keep us posted with any changes.

If I understand correctly, the command passed the 21/10/2013 will be shipped the 25/11/2013 ... A month of waiting!

Fits me if the firmware is up to date :)

That said, catch me if I mistranslated or understood!

Thank you very much for the information.

Thanks for the update Sander. My order date is September 20 (R868443350). The status is order complete, payment paid and shipping ready. My order was placed within the first five hours of the launching date. I would expect to have my U2 sent to me this past monday or tuesday. Today is wednesday and I would like to know if my shipment is coming. I am starting a 3d printing service next week and I planned the opening based on this email from Ultimaker's support team:

“Hi Cesar,

I think I need to update you regarding shipment of the Ultimaker 2.

Initially we planned to ship them from the first or second week of October, but today I got the message that we will start shipping from October 21st, with a lead time of maximum 2 weeks. As you ordered very quickly I expect you to be one of the first ones to receive the Ultimaker 2.

I hope to have informed you sufficiently by this.

Regards,

Marrit”

Hi Cesar,

Thank you for your post.

If you look at this post:

'Week 44 (28-10/3-11) everything not shipped by now that was ordered from 20-9 till

Week 45 (4-11/10-11) 09-22 order date'

It says all orders between 20-9 and 22-9 that have not yet been shipped will be shipped this week and the next.

The regular shipping days Monday and Tuesday are starting from next week on. I just checked and your order has been scheduled for next week.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Hello SandervG,

Ok, well noted for Cesar. I would not éttendre me but is that the dates are subject to change over the weeks? Ourons us a report and when will I know if my order is scheduled for November 25.

I give you an e-mail to see it with you, if you have given me a minute to answer.

Thank you.

Alex.

Thanks Sander.

You are salvaging the honor of Ultimaking's sales and support team. They seem to be completely ignoring all support tickets.

Regards,

CR

What's the current lead time? I mean, if I order today, when can I expect to get my Ultimaker 2 shipped?

Thanks Sander.

You are salvaging the honor of Ultimaking's sales and support team. They seem to be completely ignoring all support tickets.

Regards,

CR

Thank you. I hope you understand they do try to get back with everyone on a short notice, but there are a lot of inquiries to get back to. But I am glad I am able to assist you to your satisfaction.

What's the current lead time? I mean, if I order today, when can I expect to get my Ultimaker 2 shipped?

That is what the '..' stands for at week 50. Like I also said on the post, this is the lead time with our current resources. We are looking at potentially scaling up some processes, but since that is not in practice yet I am not calculating that in the schedule. So I would go ahead and reply your answer with week 50. If you have any further questions please let me know.

Thanks for this usefull update.

Question is about the order with the balance due payment.

I have raised mine Sept 20 and paiement done at this date. But a 5 euro balance due have occured shortly after and was only fixed 22/10.

So can I expect mine delivered very soon (like all remaining orders from sept 20-22) or do I need to wait till december (like order raised Oct 22 )?

Thanks for the clarification.

Please sent me a PM with your ordernumber so I can check the status of your order and give you a confirmation about the shipping date. Thank you!

Hi Sander!

I would like to know if it's possible to cancel an UM2 order for a UM1 unassembled printer? If yes, is there any leadtime on this kit? Thank you and have a good day!

This is not an official answer but I think they have the kits in stock and could send them directly.

We do have the Original on stock yes.

Of course you can change your order into an Ultimaker Original. It is also a very powerful machine with great specs.

Be aware that the Ultimaker Original requires a bit more technical knowledge to operate then the Ultimaker².

If you are comfortable with this I would be happy to assist you in the order modification.

I hope you pack the Glass plate well because mine UM2 is shipping to Texas in the U.S. Asian cowboys down here ride horses to deliver...... lol its like a desert down here and the weather is very cold in the mornings and very hot in the afternoon so we have to have are coats and shorts.. lol

We are working very hard on scaling up the production department.

Any news about that?

@Sander

Due to the previous announcement, I supposed every order would be shipped within 2 weeks after 21/10. I totally placed 3 orders of Ultimaker2. It does a great effect on my work since the lead time delay. How can I write to you directly? Please don't make mention of sales and support ticket. Those queries always got answered more than 10 days, so I really doubt if you take it seriously.

Click on Sander's avatar then in the right upper corner click on "Send me a message".

@Nicolinux Thank you~

Today I got a note from our logistic department, that this week we will not only be sending out on Monday and Tuesday, but during the entire week.

So it is possible that those who's Ultimaker was suppose to ship today or yesterday haven't received their tracking code yet. But they should receive it through the week.

If you don't receive a tracking code, make sure you did not sign out as a guest during the check out, and/or contact our sales team.

Through our extra efforts we found our way through all the feedback we have been getting after the release and we are becoming much more responsive again, like you are used from us! :) They would be happy to help anyone.

Have a good day!

On a side note. I will be out to the 3D Print show, if anybody is in the neighborhood come by and say hi! :)

This also means my response on the forum or messages may be a little bit slower then usual.

I do try to read it as often as possible, and get back with anyone asap.

Hi Sander its the new schedule dates go in on time, or better..?or we have to expect another delay...

Since no one answer my email again, i dont want to change my U2 for a U1 anymore, I just want to cancel my order definetly and have my money back, thank you. This company have huge problems, seriously.

Hi Sander its the new schedule dates go in on time, or better..?or we have to expect another delay...

Ok i make My own response... Lolol .....Looks like the schedule dates goes faster!!!! Pretty faster just receip the shipping email more than a week before.

Now i cant sleep till monday..;)